Kickstarting and Screaming

I thought this was well under development and due to come out this year, but it looks like it is now due at the end of 2019.

I know there aren’t a lot of Fig fans round here, but I got an email from them about a new game that seems amusing, called Pig Eat Ball. Apparently it’s a PacMan-like, if that’s a thing, that lets your piggy protagonist grow as it eats, but you can get too big to fit through doorways in which case you can “just BARF to squeeze through!” Well, I thought it sounded funny.

Oh, and apparently What the Golf? was funded, so hopefully we’ll be seeing it someday soon.

Sure, but that’s not what I meant. ;)
I visited King Art in their office in Bremen (Germany, close to the Northern Sea) a few years ago for an article about one of their then upcoming games. It’s a medium-sized studio according to German standards, and small in international context. They’re around 25 people. So far their busines model was developing several small to medium projects at the same time, to always have something in the pipeline. Some of these games were shipped with their own name attached, the rest was contract work. They were very careful to put their eggs in several baskets, stay flexible and create multiple income streams (-> their critically acclaimed adventure The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 was released on pretty much every platform Unity allows).
And suddenly they have one project with a budget of more than 5M$. It’s easy to guess that it will keep them busy for the next 2 years. So they’ve switched gears.

The Iron Harvest Kickstarter passed the minimum target after only 36 hours. It’s not unrealistic it could reach a million in the end.

Man, those prints are really great. I love the naturalism-meets-steampunk thing they’ve got going on.

Not sure I’d put one on my wall, though.

Also reminds me of this:

I thought of the thrift store stuff too when I saw those. I like the guy who puts Star Wars and Doctor Who characters into the paintings. So awesome!

no words

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/pict/302191593656_1.jpg

Slow dev’s are slow, but finally a Steam page and teaser video!

Thanks for the link. What a cool idea. Those are awesome!

I can’t Kickstarter much but after playing their first game Ara Falls I had to give these Devs a hand. They are also gonna try to do a switch version if it funds.

I also like they are not going down the stretch goal hole.

Only 80’s kids will understand.

I’d be sorta tempted by that if the stuff in the expansions (which collectively more than double the overall price), or at least the ones that didn’t add an extra island, were part of the base game. As it is, I am not nostalgic for Fireball Island and I’m definitely not paying over $100 for it, even if the redesign really does make it a viable modern game. Even $60 is probably a stretch for what I’d get out of it.

(The biggest thing from the expansions that I think would probably be key to my enjoying it? Asymmetric character powers.)

I’m nostalgic, and played the hell out of the original when I was a kid, but this is a game to play with kids and my son will still be too young when this ships. When he’s 3 or 4 I will definitely consider getting it at retail.

But $60 for the base game (and $85 with the only expansion I would really want is the one that adds another player and assymetric powers) is not too bad. Actually way better than I expected.

Ha, I remember being asked specifically to bring Firebal Island to a friend’s birthday party as a kid. That was a great party.

3 days left for the Iron Harvest Kickstarter, they reached all but the final goal so far. The FREE DLC campaign.

Thoughts, @BrianRubin ???

Made by developers of Mechwarrior: Living Legends, which is a BLAST.

I backed at the alpha level.

They’ll be on our podcast next week.

:)

Nice, thanks!

Level 99 Games just launched their next big Kickstarter project.

After how much I enjoyed Argent, their take on worker placement (not to mention basically all their games being good so far), I backed immediately despite not generally being even a little interested in train games. They seem to like what I like in game designs: special powers, variety, and tons of theme.

Damn you. At 6 players… don’t think I can resist. I have so many games we haven’t even played yet but this looks… cool.