Kickstarting and Screaming

Holy shit. Hero U keys going out tomorrow. One of my oldest outstanding Kickstarters, maybe even the oldest that isn’t officially cancelled.

I emerge from my Fallout Shelter, and now Xenonaughts 2 only has 2 days left. The are estimating EA in January for what that’s worth.

Daily chart is not showing a lot of end window buzz, so I wonder if they will make the last few stretch goals (which probably have already been implemented).

And this was being advertised on Kicktraq:

Rimworld look and feel in a more classic DF medieval setting?

I’m down with more simulationist colony builders, but can’t we skip dwarves?

Well, it looks like they are going to make. Evidently they tried this a year and a half ago but cancelled it. I did not dig into the details.

Humans and Orks also playable, or at least planned.

No z levels, NEXT!

I got my Everdell Collector’s Edition today. First shipped game since joining the hobby at Pax Unplugged 2017.

It
Is
GORGEOUS looking, the box, the sleeve and the components!

Hey, how did I not know about this? There’s a Trogdor board game getting Kickstarter! Looks like it’s way over the threshold.

I said consummate v’s!

Xenonaughts-2 finished £9K shy of stretch goal #5.

#5 Additional Community Edition & Modding Support (£200,000)
#6 Weather Conditions (£250,000)

Yeah, but they decided to implement #5 anyway.

This is almost done. They will get a shot.

The name made me think of an idea I once had:

Based off the expedition to reconquer Moria*, under Balin’s* leadership (the one whose remains the Fellowship of the ring found.)

Player starts with a large large army.

Progresses into the mountains, battles get progressively harder the deeper in they go, and reinforcements slower, BUT, inside is where all the Mithril* is.

So delve down to get the Mithril, but that makes you vulnerable.

You can’t turtle on an easier level either, as there will be periodic waves of Orcs etc attacking.

Eventually a Balrog*shows up, which is the end of the game.

• = replace with appropriate monsters and names to avoid IP issues.

Action RPG/dating sim from the devs behind Moon Hunters and Shattered Planet.

Yees

I couldn’t help but cackle at the sailor moon-esque reveal of the first guy.

The concept looks cool, using space history in a competitive race game. But the CCG format…ugh.

And its live…

The fact that The Long Journey Home is listed in the game’s legacy is of great concern to me.

Did you like the writing in that? Because Richard Cobbett wrote for it (I forget to what degree, but I think most of it if not all), and is writing Nighthawks. That’s the tie here.

Ohhh, okay, the writing was likely the best part of the game. Whew.