Kickstarting and Screaming

Right? I just want good things for Jeff. He tries so hard to keep doing his thing in this industry and keeps just barely scraping by. And hey, he made the Geneforge games, which I love.

It’s curious why Jeff has gone for a simpler, 2D look for this one. Perhaps just something different? I admit I really like the isometric look they got into. Anyway, I see they’ve met the goal and blown through all the stretch goals in the two days since I last looked at it! Impressive. I’ll keep an eye on it. Although I still have Geneforge 2 to 5 to play through! Not to mention the entire Avernum series. One day.

One of the points he addresses (at least a little) here is the graphical change.

That makes sense, he says avoiding snarky comment about iPhones ruining everything! It’s not that it looks bad, just more retro than usual. Anyway, I must hurry up and catch up. I started Geneforge 2 a while back, and was greatly impressed by the technological leap over Geneforge 1 (you had to play it to appreciate the jump!) but only got a few maps in.

So I got a chance to play the beta version of Grim Peak a few months ago, and it has some pretty crazy co-op puzzling- goes a very long way with some very simple rules. I’d compare it to Forbidden Desert, but with a more engaging monster stabbing theme:

I really thought I was in trouble when I saw the words fantasy and cooperative together. Then I saw it maxes at 4 players, phew safe… unless it comes out with great reviews. I’ll have to watch this when it releases. Thanks!

Queen’s Wish is ~11.3k from the fourth realm stretch goal. So happy for Jeff and Spiderweb.

All right! No Thank You, Evil! reached its goal and is kickstarted, for the second time!

IndieGoGo is sending debt collectors after the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega folks.

Dear Vega+ Backers,

As you are aware, we recently provided the Vega+ team a provisional extension (June 15th) to fulfill, based on some requirements from us. These included sending us contact information of Sky representatives, and refunding backers immediately upon request, as well as providing Indiegogo with a review console.

Unfortunately, these asks have not been met and we are unable to further provide the Vega+ team an extension. This has been a challenging situation for all involved, and one we thought would be resolved with the backers receiving their game consoles.

This week, we will be working with a collections agency to attempt to recoup funds disbursed, in an effort to be able to refund backers. Please note that, while we are pursuing collections, this process can take considerable time and the Vega+ team still has the opportunity to fulfill on their obligation of shipping the consoles to backers. We refer you to the Vega+ team for any updates on shipping. The campaign is still open to the Vega+ team, and they continue to have the ability to update you all via our platform.

We hope that the Vega+ team follows through on their promise, and that any remedial efforts on our part will be rendered obsolete.

Thank you for your understanding, and patience.

Trust & Safety, Indiegogo

Wow! Has this sort of thing ever happened before?

Very cool - I forgot to jump in for the extra .pdfs but glad it’s being reprinted!

The folks who made Immortal Redneck (and other stuff) are kickstarting a MMO called Pokemon Temtem. You collect Pokemon Temtem, trade/battle/breed them, and fight against gym dojo leaders and Team Rocket Clan Belsoto.

I’m kind of on board with it. I like their focus on competitive battles with no randomness and a ranked ladder. One of the stretch goals is a Nintendo Switch version, which is cool. But by the time the game actually releases (targeted for Spring 2020!), I’ll have an actual Pokemon game on the Switch available to me.

They’ve already met their goal, though, so I guess I can always just wait for the full release.

I saw it and my reaction was basically that my problem with Pokemon was never that the PvP wasn’t hardcore enough. I looked through their stuff trying to find meaningful variation that wasn’t PvP based and didn’t find it, so it’s a pass for me.

There will be an actual (and official) Pokémon game available on the Switch well before that, you know.

True! But I was thinking more about the new mainline games that will be out at the end of 2019. I’m definitely getting the Let’s Go games, but I do consider them in a different camp from the mainline games.

One of the artists I work with and his wife, a paleontologist, run a little business via Kickstarter making plushies of prehistoric critters you’ve probably never heard of. They are running a new Kickstarter, this time for these amazingly designed enamel pins:

Here’s their main website where you can get the plushies.

http://www.paleopalstoys.com/

Also, I bought in to this very slick looking resource management card game. My policy is: If I wish I’d designed it, I should probably back it!

Queen’s Breath h its 75k and the 4th realm. Vogel announced what I assume is the final stretch goal too: if they hit 100k he hires professional sound people to make professional sounds!

Xenonaughts Part Deux is live:

I would think this will make.

It’s a Fig “investment” rather than an actual Kickstarter project, but otherwise I figure it fits in here: looks like the Xenosis top-down space survival horror game I backed reached its Xbox One platform stretch goal, which makes me happy. I was hoping it might reach improved graphics/sounds and extended campaign, but I’ll take what I can get.