Kickstarting and Screaming

I would either skip Remastered or sell them. They are fairly clear Remastered is going to include the majority of what the old version did.

Tangledeep (which was excellent) devs look like they’re doing an RPG next.

Any thoughts on Glenn Drover’s new Civilization board game, Mosaic?

It’s a pity Fresco is already taken or I’d use that name for the next Euroish take on Civ with building miniatures.

Since he won’t promote it here himself, I want to encourage people to check out @BiggerBoat’s cool solo/small group RPG system Ironsworn: Starforged.

One week left and smashed all goals - congrats on the success!

I appreciate the shoutout! We did discuss it a bit over in the Tabletop RPG thread, so I wasn’t being completely coy about it.

And, yeah, it’s been crazily successful. We were starting to hit the doldrums, and then we announced a stretch goal that was “but what if pirates?” and it perked right back up again.

Sherlock Hulmes also posted a play through of Ironsworn recently, which might be a good way to promote the system and show how it plays at just the right time. Might be helping the campaign too?

https://youtu.be/IXmFwIKnrsY

Solo play, you say? Like…good solo play?

Because…hmmm…

Like all solo RPGs, I think you need quite a bit of creativity and some willingness to challenge your own character - basically GM and player all in one bundle. But so far (I’m halfway through setup in a thread here) I feel like it’s doing a pretty good job of supporting that.

Congrats on the fantastic funding. You may well be on the way to that bigger boat.

There’s always a bigger boat.

Presented without comment:

I guess choking the chicken is out, or is it in? I’m not sure which of the two will dial up the flavour and moisture.

Someone in the comments:

“My mom had one of these under her bed.”

looks like made by Larry David…

So…they invented beer can chicken?

Anyone giving Space Kraken a look? I’m kind of intrigued but I’m starting to wonder if I may have reached space adventure boardgame saturation.

SPACE KRAKEN by Markus Geiger — Kickstarter

A very silly game created by Caleb Stokes, who’s a fricking genius responsible for the economic horror of Red Markets, some of the best horror scenarios I’ve seen in the No Security system agnostic collection and the upcoming God’s Teeth campaign for Delta Green (how do I know they’re amazing when it isn’t out yet? because he ran the original version of those scenarios on RPPR Actual Play and they were amazing), and the Spared and the Spoiled campaign for Better Angels I tried to run here a ways back. $10 for PDF.

If you’re curious there are actual play podcast episodes both on RPPR and his Hebanon Games patreon (publically accessible).

I’m also a bit tempted by The Witcher: Old World, finding myself torn between it and Space Kraken. But I may have found the tipping point toward The Witcher:

Figured this was unique enough to throw a buck to:

The Bard Chronicles: A Dungeons and Dragons Rap Album, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dizzyroseblade/the-bard-chronicles-a-dungeons-and-dragons-rap-album?ref=android_project_share