Kids in the Hall revival

Finished the new series. This still feels very much like Kids in the Hall, impressively so after such a long hiatus. First episode might actually be one of the weaker ones. A good mix of returning and new characters, the same range of sketches from ribald to absurd, there’s the sketches that get meta, there’s German Expressionism. There is the occasional boomer comedian moments but nothing too terrible there.

I did not expect the twigs and berries in the first episode.

Just hearing shadowy men on a shadowy planet’s music again was pretty amazing.

Watched the first three, highly recommended!

Funny first episode!

This is great!

The only thing I could possibly complain about is that I’d have loved a longer season. I’m absolutely loving the show so far (just starting episode 4.)

I hope they do a season 2.

I’ve only watched the first couple of episodes (I can’t binge, just don’t have it in me) but it’s great so far. I was definitely caught off guard by the nudity in the first episode. And then I busted out laughing when the two cops then asked them to start jumping up and down.

I just realized I’ve never seen ‘Death Comes to Town’, so I can at least check that out to ease the withdrawal after I watch the last episode of this season.

Death Comes to Town is ok, it’s more in line with Brain Candy in being a long form story.

OK is about right. It was nice to have more than nothing, but compared to Brain Candy and Death Comes to Town, the series has blown me away. I really prefer their short sketches and weird ongoing characters to those elongated stories.

The kids still have that same great sense of humor that I loved eons ago, and haven’t seemed to mellow out at all.

I thought that was fantastic. I binged the whole thing after watching the new series.

Death Comes to Town looks like something I’ll have to check out.

I enjoyed the original series though was never a massive fan, but I put on the first episode last night kind of on a whim and absolutely loved it. Laughed throughout. I can’t wait to watch more.

I just started this up.

I gotta say, I’m kind of surprised the entire cast is still alive.

I kinda feel like I’m my dad in the late '80’s watching some new Monty Python, in a good way.

It’s amazing how the new episodes have the exact same feel as the old show.

It’s uncanny, isn’t it?!

I mean, there a lot more penis, but still, the guys still have exactly the same magic they used to have.

It makes me wonder why the show ever got cancelled.

I think it’s probably the same amount of penis, but you can see more of it. It’s probably more ballsack, though.

Yeah, they did a great job with this. I mean, the familiar music and photography in the bumpers doesn’t hurt at all.

My wife and I, who bonded over KITH when we were dating, are loving the show. The guys’ chops aren’t dulled at all, particularly in the performing department. I’m actually hoping that some of the new sketches I saw them perform several years ago on tour will turn up in the show, saved for posterity.