Killer 7

If you get to a newsstand or EB, take a minute to read (if you can…not sure if it’s polybagged) the article on Killer 7 in this month’s Nintendo Power. First of all, the game looks incredibly stylish. Secondly, it’s obviously going to play very differently from what we’ve seen before. And third, for those of you that just love story in games, it’s apparently going to really push that angle.

You play a guy in a wheelchair with seven different personalities and he’s a cold-blooded assassin. The article has a good interview with the game’s director and after reading it, I’d have to say this shot near the top of my anticipated games for 2005. It’s definitely attempting something new.

Anyway, I know it’s asking a lot for people at Qt3 to read Nintendo Power, but you’ll thank me later.

–Dave

Ever since I first heard of this, I’ve been intrigued but wary. Could be brilliant, could be horrible.

I’m leaning towards horrible. I don’t have a lot of faith in Capcom.

Is this ever going to actually come out? I’d swear I’ve been hearing about it for something like five years now.

Yes.

I think that date’s pretty much set. I’m serious though. This game should not be overlooked. A guy in the know over at GAF talked about it a little bit too. He’s played a bunch of it and was very impressed. Said you really have to see it in motion to be amazed, but just the article in Nintendo Power was enough for me to know it’s going to be the kind of game that I need to play.

–Dave

For those of you just tuning in, that’s Davespeak for “A Nintendo Game!”

Sorry Dave :)

I hope they dont cut it up, theres a LOT of fucked up ichi the killer type shit in it. (blooood everywhere, crazy nurse fucking the wheelchair guy)

For those of you just tuning in, that’s Davespeak for “A Nintendo Game!”

Sorry Dave :)[/quote]

It’s coming to PS2 also, just not right away here in the US.

This is the kind of artistic game I always look out for and try to play. Wouldn’t have mattered what system it was on.

–Dave

Oh yeah, I did forget about the PS2. Anyway, it certainly sounds like it could be awesome. Just no telling with Capcom though, they’re all over the place sometimes.

For some reason, this makes me think of “The Three”, from Adaptation…

It’s coming to PS2 also, just not right away here in the US.

Actually, Capcom announced just recently that both versions will ship around the same time. Really.

Coming to Steam this Fall! This is the only Suda that I love, so I’m curious to revisit it and see if it holds up 13 years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dphVWNPKCiM

fantastic news … one of my favourite games, unfortunately can’t play it anymore, but looking forward to …

That’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time.

I loved the art style in music in this game! Still have my Gamecube copy. Gameplay was a little underwhelming though.

Wow, a 13 year thread resurrection.

Let’s celebrate…

…with this:

it’s out on Steam!

ha, maybe better than Tetris no

This games still looks and sounds great. It has not aged at all. I always liked the movement in the game, just press A and your persona will move forward, no need to mess with the camera. I think, the reason behind it was that Suda51 could work like a film director, defining the camera angle without confusing the movement. Whatever, I still like it. Also the combat is pretty satisfying (and with a controller not so easy). The worldbuilding and setting is bizarre, but I just adore it. My Gamecube is long dead, so I am really happy about this port (which is very good, no issues so far).

I hope No more Heroes will make its way to the PC, too …

Killer7 is Suda51’s last/only(?) good game…and that is style over substance. He has been putting out unremarkable dreck ever since.

No More Heroes…the boss battles were fun (sort of Punch-out esque) but everything else was terribly lame.

Lollipop Chainsaw was ok.

The part of me that enjoys pain keeps telling me to buy a cheap copy of Killer is Dead, but I just don’t have the kind of free time that I used to.

Killer 7 generated one of my all time favorite gaming experience, playing it in alone in a pitch-black room I was really able to soak in the atmosphere, and as I was playing it I had a very distinct thought: “Oh, this is what going insane feels like.” I’ve played through it front to back twice, and keep intending to try to re-play it in October for Halloween, but don’t really have the time these days.