Killer’s basement his eerie lair of violent video games (Namely COD)

It is still amazing, considering that we must be aware of this single fact (being gamers), that many still refuse to see the explicit difference between passive entertainment and fully interactive entertainment.

It’s why i had access to a live computer interactive rifle range (game like thing) when the weather was too bad to use the actual range (or it was booked up by another unit etc). It’s why pilots and astronauts and doctors (insert many skilled professions) have as part of their ‘training’ computer simulations. They are just very, very good as learning tools.

I love games, i love people that love games, but the disingenuous (it has to be right?) hand-wringing that always comes out of the seeming majority of ‘game-fans’(games industry people), about this topic is pretty pathetic.

It’s simply a case of where 1+1 does not ALWAYS = 2. But it can and when it does, in this kind of horribly tragic situation, rather than all running for cover or sand to stick your collective heads in, why not see that yes these kind of games can have a negative effect on an impressionable mind. ‘Uncle Sams’ training psychology experts could talk to you about it at great length. I can talk to you about it great length, and this guy with a much better way with words can also:

http://www.thepointmag.com/2010/essays/call-of-duty

And this is a good article also:

http://nightmaremode.net/2012/11/what-games-teach-us-about-guns-vs-real-life-23661/

And there is this here thread full of handy stuff on the topic.

So grow a pair and understand, that yes it is entirely possible a sick mind can be further developed to kill via an interactive ‘training tool’, just as you can with a professional soldier. I know, i’ve been there and used the one your tax dollars pays the military for. Now go cry in your milk some more, ‘boo hoo! they might take my toy away!’ (or something). tsk.

Edit: And yes i WILL bring these kind of links up whenever we play this silly game of fear and denial.