Killing Eve on BBC America

The promos for season 1 for some reason made me actively avoid this, but the other day I caught a good chunk of one of the later episodes and liked what I saw.

So I figured I’d catch up and then watch season 2. Except I have to pay? That doesn’t seem the best way to build an audience.

That’s weird, I thought I read something about Killing Eve S2E1 having good ratings. Oh I remember, it’s on BBC America.

AMC has S2 E1 free. No login.

I have BBC America - but season 1 is not available for free.

Oh, you want S1. Hulu has it. AMC login has S1 too if you have cable.

Never used Hulu - that’s free, with unskippable ads?
I’ll try AMC’s web site - thanks

AMC says S1E1 not available

Wow, I just checked, and you’re right. AMC now has an AMC Premier for $5/month for back catalogue, and they pulled S1 off Hulu. :(

AHAHA found it:

Season 1 is definitely on Hulu for me.

I’m an idiot. I forgot I put my hulu on vacation mode.

Aaand it turns out only two episodes of S1 are available on the BBC America web site / app.

It’s like someone tipped ice cream on your lap :(

I didn’t think Jillian would be her match but he came close.

Honestly, I liked this, but past the first couple of episodes, I found it very meh.

My wife and I gave up on the show after the fourth episode of season two. We did not like the direction the new show runner was taking Eve’s character in and the violence was a bit too much. We did enjoy season one but for the finale.

I’m in the same boat but for different reasons (maybe?). I love watching Villanelle’s escapades. Jodie Comer nails that character superbly. The episode where she’s stuck in hospital was wonderful. I’d happily watch a full season just of her. Unfortunately, most of the other characters bore me to tears. Eve + posse are just not particularly interesting at all. There is too much of Eve and not enough Vilanelle. I gave up sometime shortly after you.

We finished Season Two last night. As others have mentioned, Jodie Comer’s Villanelle is the highlight of the show. She is so good at turning a very dark, violent and disturbed character into someone almost charming in a child-like sort of way. You find yourself rooting for her even though you know you shouldn’t be.

Season Two did take the violence of Season One and ratchet it up about 10 notches, and I’m not sure that was a good thing. Many of the other characters had little to do as well, and the tension between Eve and her husband was poorly written and the resulting plot ended on a sour note. In fact:

The actual ending, with Eve apparently shot dead, seems like it should be a fitting end for the series, but you just know they’re going to bring it back and claim she didn’t die, and Villanelle, the consummate assassin, never bothered to check if she was really dead.

She really is just so incredibly good at being bad, it just amazes me. I agree; I totally catch myself rooting for her.

The show is called killing Eve but after season 2 I realized it wasn’t about killing Eve, it was about killing Eve.

And yeah the fanbase is kinda crazy like Eve, they get so sad that Eve doesn’t like V back and sail happily after in the sunset, I mean what show have you guys been watching? Do you not remember the whole psychopath bit?

She’s so pretty thought. Wait a minute what am I doing?

I believe Villenelle did not intend to kill Eve. She is a professional and she would have finished the job with a head shot. Rather, she is showing Eve how much she loves her by not killing her. She figures Eve will come around as she will have a lot of time to think about this while she is recovering from her wound. To her thinking it makes no sense that Eve does not return her “feelings” (as if Villanelle has any) and in her arrogance she knows that Eve will see the light.

The show did get more violent, and I missed the original show runner Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Villanelle continued to remain a captivating character to watch, Eve less so in season 2, IMHO.

It’s back. In the UK anyway. This time we don’t have to wait until the US season finishes, it seems.