Killzone: Shadow Fall - Free map pack DLC, offline bots, 60fps multiplayer

You’re right. Did not mean to sound snippy, just wanted to point out a reservoir of info.

Jon Rowe - Jon_Danger

ipoma on PSN

My psn id is Happy_Hedonist. I’ll be looking to play some KZ and FIFA tomorrow evening and I have no friends!

Updated and friends requests are sent. Hope to see ya guys on Vekta very soon.

Qt3 Killzone on Saturday the 16th? 5:00 PST? If I figure out the interface, I can try to stream it as well for non-ps4 owners here.

I would play but Amazon only just sent out my PS4, not expected till Tuesday. And it was preordered from the very first day too.

I’m in.

I am logged in. Send me a message and we can get a party going. If I don’t have you on my friend’s list, send a request to Chaplin717.

Also, should this thing become a thing, I am streaming it, but only my audio seems to be able to go into the stream. The streams is at the link below:

Qt3 Killzone stream

If you see the PS4 symbols rolling, that means I am mucking around with PS4 menus outside of the game.

The Twitch integration looks pretty great. Lots of people streaming too.

Good stream of Killzone there.

The sound of the guns is …meh though? Looks like a normal rifle that shoots bullets, but sounds weird.

Thought KZ2 MP was great. How is that compared to KZ4 MP?

Stream is down for now. I will probably put it back up later.

I personally like the sound of the guns. I just LOOOOOOVE the chain gun with its A-10 styled BBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrpppp! Sure, they have a weird tech-y kind of sound, but because of this they are unique enough that you can tell by sound what is being used where when playing. Nice touch in my opinion.

The MP is much closer to KZ2 now that the jet packs and mechanized suits are gone. It feels very…tactical again. I just wrote up something in the PS4 thread regarding what I mean by that.
Chap’s idea of a tactical shooter

I am glad some folks got to see the stream. I am an amateur streamer, but tried to somewhat narrate what was going on. The three of us were pretty much newbs so we were quite far from the ideal of how tactical the game can get. Still it was a good time. Let me know if folks want to see more of that stuff. I didn’t care about the social element of the PS4 a few days ago, but now I can see its value as a Qt3 community tool.

I watched the stream for about 10-15 minutes. Which is about the max I can watch a stream before I get the itch to just play something myself instead. I’m used to streams where people have a camera directed at them so we can watch them play and watch what they’re doing in the game. While the camera is an extra, but if you’re going to go all in into the streaming I could see the camera being a worthy purchase. And yes this is partly me trying to convince myself I need to buy that.

Really? The camera thing always strikes me as kind of creepy. Both from a narcissism and a ‘everybody is staring at me’ angle. I don’t really want to be a super steamer guy, but I think it is cool that we could have Qt3 gaming events that folks could watch. I imagine things like if we could have spectated Dave Perkins type leagues. Or a live Tom vs Bruce. Or just how cool it would have been to be able to peak into or re-watch community game nights like when we had MAG Tuesdays. The possibilities are there going forward.

I did Singstar on the PS3. Uploaded a few videos, watch a bunch of others of folks singing and dancing. I could see how it’s creepy and narcissist too. It’s really all dependent on the person. Probably the guy who doesn’t want to be on camera is probably the ones I would be more interested in because they would just be normal people playing a game instead of trying to promote their channel and make money off of it. It’s just kind of weird once I realised that would, could be a main used of the camera when somebody mentioned it to me.

Yea, I’d rather see what is being streamed than a image of the person streaming. :)

I was playing in the Tactical War Zone last night (slow wave spawn, low health, low ammo, class kit limitations) and it created a squad based shooter environment with class synergy that I have not experienced in a long time (if ever). The reviews just got this one wrong. Sure, Killzone single player is almost painful, but the MP is soooo good.

What would make it better? Moar Qt3 Killzone!

Hopefully now everyone has their PS4. So I am thinking about getting some Killzone in tonight at 8:30 PST (sorry parent duties will have me locked down before that). Soon when we know everyone’s time slot we can work out something around the prevailing timezone. Remember to friend up as KZ needs party chat for voice communication and squad joining. To that end, I am quoting the list from the fist page below.

Add me, forgeforsaken. I’m likely to only dabble with multi for a bit right now, since I just got the PS4 and am bouncing around from game to game, but I can see myself playing it a reasonable amount in the future.

Good deal Forgeforsaken, I will add you when I get home. To be honest, I am about to push for a gaming night for this where folks meet up for a few hours each week. It totally deserves such a thing.

For anyone turned off by the “no unlocks”. It is a half truth. While all of the guns are unlocked the upgrades for the guns are not and neither are the kit upgrades. For example you can have an energy shield right from the go, but you have to get kills when using it to increase its duration and decrease its cool down. And interesting middle ground that gives more of an even footing without throwing the lizard brain out with the bath water.

Just had a pretty good multiplayer game. We lost, but just barely though I did well especially on objectives. Got a little kudos from the game at the end. I like Assaults guns, but really like Supports abilities, so I think I’m going with that. I had a cleverly placed turret get a triple kill, how can I give that up?