Kindle eBooks Bargain Thread

Ohhh, thanks@

Lost in Shangri-La (my GoodReads mini-review) is on sale for $2.99 today, along with other military-related books for Veteran’s day. Great book about a crash around in the WW2 era that results in a number of men and women having to live with an undiscovered tribe while awaiting a difficult rescue.

Kindle Daily Deals

Red Eagles is $1.99, and is a good book for military aviation buffs. Intriguing stories on how the Soviet planes were “acquired.”

Along with other military-related books for Veteran’s day…aaaaand a Runescape tie-in novel.

Runescape: Never Forget.

Any aviation/spycraft fans in the crowd might be interested in this: Remembering the Dragon Lady: The U-2 Spy Plane: Memoirs of the Men Who Made the Legendfor Kindle is $2.99 today. Retail of the hardcover version is $32.97, Kindle’s usually $17.

Haven’t read it yet, but had it on my wish list so I bought it given the sale price.

I saw that Kill the Dead, the second Sandman Slim book by Richard Kadrey, is $3.79 at Amazon. I believe Amazon is discounting this rather than the publisher because it’s still full price as a Nook book.

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Dead-Sandman-Novel-ebook/dp/B0042FZVX0/ref=pd_sim_kstore_31

The first book, Sandman Slim, is $0.99. If you like your urban fantasy hardboiled until the pot cracks from the heat these books are hard to beat.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Slim-A-Novel-ebook/dp/B00338QF1E/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1355191423&sr=1-3&keywords=sandman+slim

What the hell? Stephen King’s 11/22/63 is on sale in iBook Store for $3.99! That’s a bargain!

And, through the magic of Amazon’s pricing robots, it’s $3.99 on the Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ARPJ9D2/?tag=booksontheknob-20

LIVE THE LEGEND!

Gloria “Glory” McArdle plays Vixen the Slayer in a straight-to-syndication TV show where even the fans say the villain is the better actress. The wizards of Erchanen have been searching all the worlds to find a hero, and Vixen the Slayer is the last name on their list.

The Warmother, imprisoned a thousand years before by Ginnas the Warkiller, has broken free of her ancient chains. If a hero can’t be found somewhere in all the universes to fight for them, the people of Erchanen are toast. But is it Glory they’re looking for… or Vixen

It all seemed to be a perfectly straightforward misunderstanding when Belegir was explaining it in Glory’s dressing room. The reality—if you could call it that—isn’t just fighting for her life. Faced with a challenge like that, what can a girl do but pick up her magic sword and her stuffed elephant and give her trademark battle cry:

“Hi-yi-yi-yi! Come, Camrado! Evil wakes!”

At the publisher’s request, this title is sold without DRM (DRM Rights Management).

i actually liked it but it is a very light and fluffy story for the most part. if nothing else, read the fiction plot summaries for her show at the end.

amazon is selling the 75th Anniversary of The Hobbit, Kindle version, which comes with multimedia (Tolkien dictation many of the poems and his own artwork, etc) for merely $6.40.

Stephen King’s Under the Dome is on sale for $1.99 today.

Wow! Thanks man. I’m looking forward to that!

LOL I just bought the book on Wednesday- (normal version) and now I just bought it again. Ah well.

Oh and Under The Dome is a sweet deal- If you like King, it is worth a read.

Tor has a free collection of short stories by some good writers up now at Amazon:

There’s also a Kobo version and a B&N version coming as soon as B&N updates.

Awesome-- ty!

Game Change is on sale this month at Amazon for $2.99. If anyone has yet to read this fantastic after action report of the 2008 primary and Presidential election then I highly recommend they pick this up.

Wow. What a riveting read so far. Thanks Canuck. Great one for my first Kindle purchase. I only have a Kindle App for the Google Nexus, but out of Aidilko and Kobo and Kindle, Kindle is the only one I can actually read books comfortably on. Their app is just better in very subtle ways.

Game Change was amazing, I’d love to see something similar about the 2012 election.

Will non Americans be able to understand Game Changer? I’m interested to read about 2008 but my lack of American politics knowledge stops me from reading this in case it is too technical with all the jargons only American understand.

No, it’s really friendly to everyone. No big jargon, as far as I can tell. Though I admit the possibility that I’m so familiar with the jargon that I don’t even see it anymore. But I don’t think so. It’s really very engaging and well written and reads like a story.