Kindle eBooks Bargain Thread

Just a heads up that Amazon is re-running about 40 of their popular kindle deals of this year today. If you haven’t already then you absolutely must pick up Wool:Omnibus by Hugh Howey and A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving for $1.99 each. They are must reads.

The Kindle daily deal today (8/10) includes several Ray Bradbury books for $1.99 each.

“The Sleepless Nanny” by Christa “Trixie360” Charter is free on Amazon this weekend.

Not my normal genre of book, but I read it because I used to work with Christa at Xbox. It’s entertaining, and I finally understood a bit better how women end up hooking up with guys who are assholes. :) The ones I really recommend, though, are her Lexy Cooper mysteries. While the murders are fictional, the characters and situations are very evocative of some companies I’ve worked for in the gaming industry.

Did Kindle eStore have a sale or something? I see many Tom Clancy and Stephen King’s novels which I was browsing to be around $7 or $8. The Shinning is just $4 and the sequel to The Shining, Doctor Sleep, which was just released, is $10.

So many books to read now!!

Laird Barron has a short story collection at $1.99 on Kindle til the end of the month, The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All. http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Thing-That-Awaits-ebook/dp/B00B0SBF1Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380936878&sr=8-1&keywords=laird+barron

You Brit are lucky today:
Robin Hobb’s The Solider Son Trilogy for £0.99 on Kindle (UK)

That’s a great trilogy. The first one is the best. The second one is really out there and I love it for it’s balls. And the third one is an okay ending to the whole thing. By end of certain trilogies, certain things just become inevitable. Plot threads have to be tied up, and the element of the expected comes in even in a series where ‘the expected’ hasn’t even shown up before. Still a great trilogy to recommend though.

Hey all. I’ve organized a huge indie book event on Facebook called Feed the zombies - $.99 book feast. The event is all day tomorrow, November 27th, and you’ll be able to pick up something like 20 books for a buck each - with one exception - a box set of 5 books for $1.99. I’ve gathered a who’s who of the genre and brought in some new blood. Rhiannon Frater, Craig DiLouie, David Moody, Mark Tufo, and John O’Brien to name a few. So gorge on cheap undead reads before you gorge on dead bird.

Event: http://on.fb.me/19Av22I

Links to all the books on my website

World War Z seems to be 2.50 today. Black Friday deal?

Looks like there are some other goods deal as well

That doesn’t appear to be on the Black Friday deals list, but maybe. They’ve got a bunch of books for $2 that have been turned into movies (or in one case, been novelized from a movie), or at least all the ones I recognize have been so I assume that’s the theme. The three that stand out to me are Silence of the Lambs, John Dies at the End, and Let the Right One In (criminally renamed after the awful American remake as Let Me In).

Yeah, I was looking to buy the set for a friend and noticed that the Game of Thrones set is $9.99, altogether. There are some decent deals to be had, no doubt.

Nice find. It’s $15 for me (damn International Kindle charges), but still insanely cheap.

That’s a great deal, really. All 5 books.

And the latest, ADance with Dragons, is just $2.99.

Bunch of Grisham’s including his latest Sycamore Row and A Time To Kill are super cheap on Kindle tonight, as is The Book Thief:

Amazon has a big Cyber Monday Kindle book sale going. In theScience Fiction sale section, they have Orbital Decay by Allen Steele for $1.99. Highly recommend that one for people like realistic near-future hard SF.

Didnt see a thread for Nook books so Ill put it here. B&N has a similar sale to Amazon’s and among the various offering, they have almost everything by Robert McCammon, including Boys Life and Swan Song on sale for $2.99 or less. Most are at $1.99.

Holy s#!%! There’s a new Ender novel! It’s no longer four books? When did this happen? And to be clear this seems to be separate from Ender’s Shadow and that whole revisionist series, from which I only read the first book.

Can anyone recommend this one? I loved the first three novels but I hated the end of Xenocide where Ender splits into 3 people, and then years later, I hated Children of the Mind. But I haven’t really revisited the Ender books since then. Should I just leave well enough alone? Or are there ideas and characters worth exploring in this fifth book?

BTW, as I paged through the rest of the sale listings, looks like most/all of Steele’s Near Space series is on sale for $1.99 each. Great stuff for fans of the space program, and IMHO better written than his more popular Coyote series. http://amzn.to/1cVbDgf

Can’t really help on the Ender stuff because while I really enjoyed Ender’s Game and Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide is on a very, very short list of books I couldn’t even force myself to finish.

Looks like this story fits between Ender’s Game and Speaker for the Dead. The jump between those two books is about 20 years, and this fills in that time gap.

Not sure if it’s part of the sale, but Joe Hill’s new book, NOS42 or something like that is $3.50 right now. That’s a great deal, especially for a book that’s been consistently in the >$10 zone up til now. (Which, personally, is a no-buy zone for me.)