Kindle eBooks Bargain Thread

Really interesting concept, but seems kind of marginal to me. If you like less than 11 books of the ~24 they publish that year, you’re paying more than full paperback price. I suppose if the editor’s taste closely matches yours, that might work out.
Btw, my favouritw one is ‘‘A Thread in the Tangle’’ (Legends of Fyrsta #1) ($0.99) by Sabrina Flynn: A hopeless fate looms on Isiilde’s horizon. Three powerful kingdoms vie to own the nymph. On the cusp of her imminent sale, the fire in her blood awakens, sparking a cataclysm of events that spiral into disaster. Tangled in events beyond her control, Isiilde struggles against the bonds of her innocent race, the fate that binds her, and the gods themselves.

If you don’t already own the Bester work, its definitely worth the price. The only substantial novel missing (since it offers The Stars My Destination, The Deceivers, Computer Connection and The Demolished Man) is Golem 100. His other two “novels” are much weaker work imo.

But what you REALLY need is his short stories, which are in general stronger than his novels anyway, and unfortunately those are mostly not available in ebook format as nearly as I can tell. Virtual Unrealities has a few of them, but not nearly all.

Oh, and one other that I am rather surprised isn’t a part of the bundle is PsychoShop, which he co-wrote with Zelazny. You’d think that would fit the bundle theme nicely.

$12 for a book is pretty damn reasonable from a time/dollar standpoint compared to other entertainment.

May be that I just recall the era of $6 paperbacks too fondly (and let’s not pretend that I’m all that elderly here), but I don’t see myself extracting twice as much value from a book now as I did when I was 12.

One might argue inflation, etc., but since my real-dollar and inflation-adjusted wage have dropped over the last 5 years, I’m perhaps uniquely disinclined to grant the argument much merit ;)

Six Years at Speed autobiography now 50% off ($1.99 dropped to $0.99). Feeling generous (now that friends and family have dropped a few bucks for their copies) but a change of heart is always possible.

Amazon Kindle link - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BDEB5NM
Kobo link - https://store.kobobooks.com/en-ca/eb...orsport-memoir
iTunes link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1080925546
Nook link - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/six-…=2940152829143

As it’s entirely possible that a buck is much too expensive for the public at large, I’ve put Six Years at Speed on a five-day free book promotion starting today. Kindle only.

Well, hell – I didn’t know you’d written a memoir (somehow I missed your link upthread). I picked this up on Saturday and blew right through it. Great read, esp. if you have any interest in motor sports at all.

If you pick this up, consider getting Andy’s book “The Uno Affair,” too – also a great read.

Not sure how long this will last, but the fabulous novel The Devil’s Detective, by Simon Kurt Unsworth is just $2 in the Kindle Store at the moment:

It’s about a damned soul in Hell who’s been tapped as one of the three Information Men for the Hellish bureaucracy, and it’s a horrifying, phantasmagorical sort of noir as he’s tugged around by subterranean competing forces while doggedly trying to investigate in a way he’s neither equipped for nor sure why he’s even bothering as there can be no question of justice. It’s Hell, after all.

Also, classic cyberpunk novel Hardwired, from Walter Jon Williams, for $1:

Thanks for the tips! I picked up Hardwired.

The Devil’s Detective is a superb story, really looking forward to the sequel, out in Oct :(

Grabbed 'em both. Thanks, Malkav11! Devil’s Detective isn’t my usual kind of book, but as a writer, I need to read good books period.

Not an ebook bargain per se, but another lawsuit around the “agency model” ebook price fixing scheme settled and if you bought books while it was active Amazon (or your ebook vendor of choice) may well have issued you credit based on the settlement terms. I sure don’t object to a surprise $111.47 in Amazon credit (which appears to be viable on anything they sell rather than ebook specific)…

Where are you seeing the credit listed?

I got an email from Amazon. Got about $14 credit.

I got an email from Barnes and Noble about it, though I haven’t bought a book there in ages. But nothing from Amazon.

I got about $100. Not sure if I want to get a Paperwhite, or just binge-buy some comics and books

Under gift cards.

bookmark the below so you never have to go through the hell labyrinth of finding an amazon gift card balance.

I received an email notifying me of my $9 refund. So perhaps your email got into spam?

My front page has my gift card balance and a direct link to the gift card management page? Promotional credits (which your link shows) are hard to dig up, admittedly. But this isn’t a promotional credit.