King Arthur: Knight's Tale - X-HOMM from Neocore

I liked Fell Seal but I like Troubleshooters more. Tales of Wuxia the Pre-Sequel (that is the name on Steam not a mistype) is also good although you progress via wuxia styles that act like gear instead of through jobs and skill trees.

Another King Arthur Wargame would have been a must buy, but nothing about this appeals to me really.

Apparently this releases tomorrow. Anyone play early access?

Neat - I had no idea it was coming so soon. I know almost nothing about this (other than “it’s been on my wishlist for an age”) but I am glad to see EA reviews are very solid, particularly of late (93% of the 29 most recent reviews recommend the game in the current state). I’ll be keeping an eye on things… I was going to hope the price didn’t jump, but either it already did or I never noticed it was $45 before. Yikes. Still, that won’t stop me from a great game, if folks have good things to say about it.

I’ve not yet, but I backed it and have a copy, so I’ll dive in once it hits 1.0 and report back. Very excited about as I love, love, love Inquisitor.

1 hour to go. still playing Solasta but will also be diving into this if my system can run it.

Watching this review and so far it seems worth picking up at full price even, near as I can tell. Very tempted to grab this, I have to admit.

I can’t understand how this game can require a 120 GB installation when Elden Ring is less than half of that.

It sounds like there is a ton of voice work, and the textures go up to 4K. That’s a huge footprint. I read in the forums they may have found a way to implement this taking up less disk space in a future update, as well. What a lot of games would do is have separate 4K textures as “free” DLC but this game isn’t doing that - so whether or not you can use or want them, you get them.

Looks like their King Arthur: The RPG Wargame with the wargame replaced by grid based combat missions.

It also looks a bit dingy… I don’t think there was any colour at all in that world, barring the health bars. That reviewer comments on similar. The Wargame was about my favourite game ever. Not 100% sure about this one.

I’m in at some point but not at this price right now.

The opening custscene in that video shows a scene that looks like the end of John Boorman’s Excalibur. Which would be very cool if this is sort of what happened next. Excalibur 2. The charm keeps making!

Curious to hear how solid this is. I really liked KA/KA2 until some jank & bugs really sucked the fun out. Then again, I played at release so they may have done some good patching on those that I never really saw.

I never really liked their other King Arthur games, but this one seems like it might be cool. I prefer X-COM type battles much more than Total War.

Getting a very strong Blackguards gameplay vibe from watching that video. I may have been the only person who played all of them to completion!

Currently playing Disciples: Liberation which seems to be a lite version of this.

Did the first few fights on story mode, fun so far, battles are quick, which I like because I’m typically not a fan of Xcom style battles but I love Neocore so I’ll deal with it. It’s pushed my GPU to 74C, which is as high as I’ve ever seen it, so I’ve turned the graphics down to medium.

I am very early in; a little shy of 2 hours and I have decided to keep it. The graphics are serviceable but for the life of me I cannot figure out why this game needs 121 GB.

I think I remember high temps from some of their other games. I use a fan curve.

Forgive me if you already know this, but absolutely set a framerate limit in your driver if you haven’t already. Can’t be trusting devs to not melt your graphics card, not with this supply chain!

I am super curious about this but 121GB on this T-Mobile hotspot sounds like an overnight, heh.

I’m interested in this and my rig exceeds the minimum specs but is slightly below the recommended specs and I’ve been having trouble with certain games with my video card overheating (Battletech with the urban maps was a real pain, among others.)

Specifically, I meet the CPU and RAM recommendations but my video card, instead of being a GeForce 1060 GTX with 6GB is a GeForce 1060 GT with 3 GB. So, just slightly under the recommended specs, but above the minimum.

For folks with rigs in that range who are playing this, will this be viable for me? Also, someone mentioned limiting framerates - is there an easy way to do that and to know what limit I should impose?

I use the GeForce Experience app to update my drivers and know how to use its basic functions but I’m not that technical.

(As a side note I wonder if frame rate limitations would help with Battletech - I’ve been considering Yet Another Battletech Campaign…)