King of the (Uncomfortable) Demo on Conan

Did anyone else catch that tae kwon do guy on Conan (the other guests were Will Ferrel and Rashida Jones) ? Man, I have never seen Conan feeling that awkward with what a guest was saying. Was this guy mental or what? Who the hell screened him?

Here is a clip: http://tv.popcrunch.com/fred-simmons-king-of-the-demo-on-february-26-conan-obrien-video/

Is your real name Mark?

That has to be staged.

If you go to his website there’s a Paramount Vantage logo and an R rating at the bottom, so yeah, he’s definitely fake.

he’s playing a character, no? Pretty funny, in any event.

Those kids had fucking horrible form. There were 9 year olds in the dojong I attended with a better grasp of their forms. Jesus, that guy was batshit insane.

I hope that was some elaborate joke.

I swear I thought this was a thread about Age of Conan. Carry on.

The Foot Fist Way is the movie made by the guys on the couch in the Superbad house party. Listening to the commentary, all the Apatow folks seem to think it’s going to be a pretty funny movie

It is so obviously a joke, how could anyone take it seriously? It is clear nobody in the audience did.

Ah Internet. How I love you.

I saw this, it was hilarious. I thought it might be real at first, but after it’s gone on a while it’s pretty clear it’s a joke.

“Why is Will Ferrel laughing? This isn’t funny you jerk.”

I think Will believed it was true.

Edit: The King of Demo there sure looks like the guy from Clerks.

Okay, can someone explain to me how those age verification things work when they ask for your name and zip code?

How the fuck do they know there isn’t a “Daddy McLovin” in area code 48073? Prove there isn’t, Age Verification asshole.

I’m not giving them my fucking name just to watch some shitty movie trailer.

There was an age verification?

Oh, on the website.

Yeah, I wasn’t found, but my mom was.

Whatever.

This bit was pretty awesome. I loved how fitting it was that he followed Karen from the Office.

Also, I believe Will Ferrell knows Danny McBride (working on a film with him, I think), so he was clearly in on it. There’s a shot where he’s smiling, and then hides it when he realizes the camera is on him.

Yeah, thats the “Why is Will Ferrell laughing?” A good improvisation if it was one.

You guys are suckers! Danny McBride is awesome, but he wasn’t in Clerks. He’s been in a couple of David Gordon Green movies, so I presume he’s one of Green’s North Carolina posse, along with Paul Schneider. McBride was great as Bust Ass in All the Real Girls and he does a great job in next summer’s Pineapple Express.

-Tom

Man that was funny. It must have been really hard for Conan to hold a straight face.

They need to lighten up on Conan’s “base”. He’s looking kinda girly with so much makeup on. Let the freckles out!

Also at 2:59. He smiles, then furtively glances at the camera and hides it.

McBride was also in Hot Rod, a movie that I thought was cool beans, but the rest of the world thought was just stupid.

Kunikos, let me break it down for you.

Some people, see, they have a special job. Their job is to pretend to be people who they really aren’t. That is, it is their job to act like someone else. For this reason, we call them actors.

If I can be of any further help, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line.