King of the (Uncomfortable) Demo on Conan

That was hilarious. I love how horrible the music was.

If he was a comedian then he needs to learn what makes something funny instead of just uncomfortable. Jesus, and I thought Larry David was bad.

Some people find uncomfortable funny just so you know.

Oh, no question. Conan was phenomenal, which just added to the whole Andy Kaufman atmosphere.

Meh. Now I know I don’t need to see The Foot Fist Way.

Larry David is bad.

I don’t see why everyone thinks he’s hilarious. Seinfeld was an okay show. Not some life changing thing everyone makes it out to be.

It’s not unprecedented, either. I don’t know if the clips are available anywhere (Thanks, NBC!), but there were many times in early seasons when Will Ferrell would pretend to bomb while attempting stand-up comedy, only to be berated by himself, disguised as an audience member. Marc Maron also had an act that ended with him yelling, “Don’t judge me! You don’t even know me!” at the crowd, which seemed uncomfortably realistic until a huge black guy stood up and knocked him down.

How could he do both?

The magic of television!

Here’s how it went down: Will told about three or four strained jokes, got a few polite/uncomfortable laughs before someone yelled, “Not funny, ass!” The camera then cut to Will seated in the audience, sporting a handlebar mustache and wearing a Michael Jackson ‘Thriller’-style jacket. The two traded barbs until an exasperated Will challenged his twin to come down and say those things to his face. “Sure, I’d love to go down there and kick your ass!” And that’s when a dwarf, with the same mustache and wearing the same jacket, charged in from off-camera and beat up Will Ferrell.

In the second instance, Will announced that he was doing pull-ups to raise money for the March of Dimes, with Conan promising $1000 for each pull-up. The following minute of Will hanging onto the chinning bar, and painfully struggling to complete a single pull-up was one of the funniest sights in the show’s history. Cue “Hey Ferrell, you’re an ass!” and another exchange with himself.

Will2: I don’t think it’s funny making fun of the March of Dimes.
Will1: Look, guy, I wasn’t making fun of the March of Dimes. I was making fun of the fact that I can’t do a pull-up.
Will2: I’d like to march across your face! With my feet! And my fists!
Will1: You know what? Bring it on!

And that’s when a very large black man wearing the red jacket and fake mustache charged into Will and started pummeling him.

Thanks for the explanation! How very bizarre.

Cool Beans