Kingdom Come: Deliverance

You can do whatever quite a bit, though some things are timed. Like if you wander off in the middle of a mission for days, expect to get your ass chewed for being AWOL.

Interesting. What if I just ignore the mission , become a bandit say and never go back to it? Or is that not an option?

You could do that but you’ll never advance the story line. I’ve read of people who have slaughtered and wiped every village in the game, FWIW.

That actually sounds pretty cool. Thank you!

I really hate the horse controls in this game. I understand why they did it this way (so the rider could look in a different direction from that of the horse), but moving the horse with WASD and not mouselook is just horrible - at least for me. This is why I avoid twin stick shooters because I just can’t use WASD very well at all. I can’t get out of the opening village because I can’t steer my damn horse. It would be nice if I could have at least been able to practice before having to ride for my life. It’s kind of hard to get used to this when I can’t go more than a few yards and get killed and have to start over.

Horses will guide themselves down roads if you hold shift and don’t press WASD.

Though forks in the road might be tricky at times if they go the wrong way.

Edit: Oh wait, yeah the beginning… that’s a bit rough. It really drives home the desperation thing since you have no horsemanship, but after getting stuck on a hedgerow more than once it can quickly be frustrating as well.

Yep, I tried letting the horse guide himself and that was a no go. And at one point I was doing ok, then got stuck on a fence and that was all she wrote :(

Yeah the early part is a bit rough as you’re still trying to figure out how the controls work, it gets better once things calm down for the most part and thankfully it does auto save a bit during that sequence.

Finally made it using the arrow keys to steer the horse. So now, how do I wait, I missed the instructions while I was listening to what the guy said.

Not really, but Skyrim I can still imagine going back to, I think I might enjoy it once I get over things I didn’t like. It was mostly cosmetic stuff. Kingdom Come just seems like a nuisance to me.

I hope you do - it’s a magical experience to me, with the free gameplay and rather amazing exploration you have access to ☺

Is this patched up enough on PS4 to be an enjoyable, playable experience?

I don’t think it has received a real patch, yet. It’s still pretty buggy. On my stream yesterday, I had the ridiculous archery contest bug again

Yeah the big patch, 1.3 should come out next week

That’s good. That’s the lockpicking patch?

That should be one of the fixes

Patch 1.3 - (upcoming)

This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not a guarantee of delivery in this patch):

Save and Exit functionality

• Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
  • Pickpocket minigame improvement
  • Alchemy recipe for respec potion
  • Many quest related bug fixes
  • Torch holding bug fixed (bug created by 1.2.5 for PS4)
  • German Voiceovers fixed

Hopefully they will manage to cram it into this patch.

Sorry definition question. Next week as in the week that starts tomorrow? Or next week as in a week after this week?

This week starting tomorrow.

cool txs

I’m really hoping they optimize the game a bit better in this patch, but not holding my breath.