Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I got pretty deep into the game and was really liking it, but the crashes did me in. It’s particularly frustrating when the game lacks a quicksave feature. Losing an hour of progress is decidedly not fun. I’ll let a few more patches roll out before diving back in.

I’ve not had a single crash in tons and tons of hours since the last 2 patches on PC. Performance is great and everything just works. Grab it and play on PC now if you have a decent one. Don’t go for the console versions unless you have the advanced PS or that super Xbox.

Is it? It seems pretty typical for a game to be a “big deal” for two weeks, then become nothing at all when whatever new thing comes around.

Steam has the game for $48. Worth it in its current patch state?

Absolutely!

DLC roadmap announced
http://www.desconsolados.com/2018/0...ta-para-los-dlcs-de-kingdom-come-deliverance/

One of the great Western RPGs of this year is undoubtedly Kingdom Come: Deliverance, offering a great recreation of the Bohemia of the Middle Ages, advocating realism rather than fantasy. This has made it a pretty hardcore game, but has managed to triumph equally among users. Well, Warhorse Studios will not stop supporting the game, and that’s why they have published the road map of the DLCs that will be published until next year. Within the story DLCs, we will have four:

-From the Ashes. This expansion will make us look after an abandoned town, and it will be shown in E3
-The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
-Band of Bastards
-A Woman’s Lot, which will be free for the game’s backers during their crowfunding campaign

Along with the plot expansions, there will be several DLCs that will include new options, being free the DLCs that will add the Hardcore mode, a tournament and support for mods. Those that will be free only for the backers will be the videos that show us the making of the game and a combat academy. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is already a very complete RPG, with which it will be great to see how it is evolving thanks to all these expansions.

I can’t wait to see how that goes down!

#meetoo

It should be the one where you play as Theresa, I would assume. Few hours long questline showing some events from her perspective.

Tournament!

But yeah no battle royale, wtf are they thinking

You guys are not making this easy.

Are you on the fence about buying this? BUY IT. It is one of the best - and most amazing gaming experiences I’ve had this past decade.

Wait, what? Where did that come from? You didn’t post glowing posts about the game until now.

Well the PS4 version was awful, but I felt like if I could do Steamlink properly and could find a super cheap PC version maybe my experience would be different. AND WHOA was it ever! Because I kept ending up in the hospital my major PS4 gaming time kept getting delayed and I hit a sweet spot where they were quickly releasing PC patches and found it super cheap. It’s too bad Warhorse’s original release wasn’t the fixed up game, because I think they’re be riding a 95% metacritic on the PC version of the game if they had.

The normal PS4 just doesn’t have the power to play the game without frustrations (long loading times, slow menus, too aggressive LOD leveling, etc). It’s GOTY, maybe game of the decade for me.

Well, poop, the Steam sale ended and it’s back to $60.

I’ll get it when it gets a discount on GOG, I suppose.

I’ll get it when it gets a discount on Steam, I suppose.

Fascinating talk about the development by Dan

I got it without any discount on GOG, I suppose.

Thank you, @Paul_cze.

So I may be able to carve out a little time for this over the holiday weekend. What’s the preferred control scheme here? Gamepad (which is what I used for Witcher 3) or M + K?