Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Sex unicorns define a low fantasy setting.

So picked this up to discover it makes me motion sick :/

I think you can turn off some of the bobbing motion? Will that help?

Even with higher fov?

Head bob isn’t controllable from settings. There are some claims about console options but as many people saying they don’t work :/

FOV doesn’t seem to help… I’ve switched out of ultrawide and am in a narrower window which seemed to help a little? Actually nervous to experiment given how bad it felt.

Ditching ultrawide seems to have more or less fixed things. I’ve fled to Almberg or somewhere - things are afoot!

Played 10 minutes and refunded it. The headbob made me nauseous that quickly, even with FOV set to 80.

This warms my RPG-positive and czech-patriotic heart

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/2018_so_far_top_sellers/

I’m waiting for a good sale on GOG to buy it. Maybe when the first big DLC is out.

I picked it up during the current steam sale. While I did have some save system angst early on I am loving it. It’s really well done.

Though I do have to make an obligatory save system complaint. When playing the start of the game I got to the point where the opening credits start rolling and they you go into a sort of dream sequence. I decided this would be a good point to take a break and since the credits just rolled it must have autosaved, right? Nope.

Honestly I wish they’d just patch in quicksave already.

Yeah I don’t think that is going to happen. Their desire to eliminate savescumming/make player be careful with their decisions is too great. It seems the save mod is still being updated though

Thanks for posting this, Paul_cze. I initially installed unlimited saving mod when the game first came out and it worked like a charm. I had stopped playing a while ago and when I went back to it I wasn’t able to save any more, probably because of game updates. Now that you posted this, I’ll go back to it posthaste!

Is there hope on the horizon for a setting or mod to eliminate the head-bob?

Not sure about headbob per-se, but maybe this + FoV 85/90 would help?

Thanks… tried that. But the head-bob still made it unplayable for me.

Are you guys saying that saving is limited? Because in that case so is my interest.

The game autosaves during quests, you can save manually when you go to bed, or whenever you drink Savior Schnapps, which you can buy or brew (which isn’t hard). You can “save and exit” at any time regardless of situation however, no Schnapps needed. If you want save anywhere without exit and without schnapps, that is where the mod comes in.

The save system was only a little annoying at first. For me the game has thankfully been quite stable, though I did have one loss of play due to a crash when I hadn’t saved in a really long time. Of course I had left the game running for three days straight, alt-tabbing between work and it when I had chances to play a little.

The in game item you need to purchase to make a save anywhere doesn’t cost very much, you can make it yourself, and right off the bat you get several of them.

The one time the game crashed it ended up being an accidental save scum. When it crashed I was rather bummed since I had just fought a difficult battle with some bandits and have gotten some decent armor out of it that would have been a big upgrade to what I was wearing. After the crash when I had to go back and redo it I loaded up from my last sleep save, which was at dawn game time, and raced over to where the bandits were. Since this time I got to the camp far more quickly as I knew where it was and didn’t screw around picking herbs or anything on the way I caught the bandits just waking up. They were still in their nightshirts. The well armored bandit that nearly kicked my ass previously didn’t even have a chance to grab his weapon before I popped an arrow in him. With just a linen shirt to protect him this time that’s all it took to bring him down. The bandits’ stuff, including their armor, was all in a chest in the camp.

DLC is out, and the game is 30% off on GOG. I might bite it for that price. Maybe even get the DLC while I’m at that.