Kingdom Come: Deliverance

That’s good. That’s the lockpicking patch?

That should be one of the fixes

Patch 1.3 - (upcoming)

This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not a guarantee of delivery in this patch):

Save and Exit functionality

• Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
  • Pickpocket minigame improvement
  • Alchemy recipe for respec potion
  • Many quest related bug fixes
  • Torch holding bug fixed (bug created by 1.2.5 for PS4)
  • German Voiceovers fixed

Hopefully they will manage to cram it into this patch.

Sorry definition question. Next week as in the week that starts tomorrow? Or next week as in a week after this week?

This week starting tomorrow.

cool txs

I’m really hoping they optimize the game a bit better in this patch, but not holding my breath.

Apparently the big 1.3 update dropped for Xbox? Did I read that right? I wonder how much longer for PS4 then?

I do not see any info about it on Warhorse twitter, from there it seems 1.3 is still being prepared. Maybe 1.25 hotfix got released on Xbox?

Did I misinterpret this posting?

Yes?
It clearly says the 1.2.5 has been released on Xbox one, and they are finalizing 1.3. Note the ‘appears to’, they are just speculating.

“Nothing is done? We are working quite hard to fix it”, Warhorse’s co-founder added. “But fixing very complex game on 3 platforms simply is not a question of one day.”

Seems quite ambitious to release your first open world RPG on all platforms at once, and maybe they are regretting that decision now. :)

Well CD Projekt RED did it. ;)

…after releasing their first game on PC only and almost going bankrupt when trying to port it to console, cancelling the port, making second game PC only, releasing a single console port year later…and then finally nailing it with the third game made by 250 people team…but still releasing it quite buggy and with framerate dropping to 20 on consoles :)

Warhorse did bite off a bit more than they could chew, but I think within a month it will be mostly fixed up, and the extra console sales will have most likely made it worth it.

I wonder what the thinking is that says - don’t release on your main platform first - do the whole damn enchilada!

Capitalise on a single marketing event maybe. Or maybe in console world you commit to dates before you know how well you’ll hit them? Anyone?

Is the Witcher 3 any good on PS4 now? My PC is an old potato and couldn’t run Minesweeper.

Finished the main story I liked it. Didn’t get as broken as Bethesda games do by the end game, though I did have alot of people drop from single stabs from my sword, there were still tough fights even at the end. One thing I found disappointing about the ending:Not actually finishing the main reasons for Henry going out and risking his life over and over again. Seems like those goals are reserved for DLC or the sequel.

They patched it to a level where it holds 30fps for the most part, PS4 version is fine (Pro would be even better though).

I think there’s another patch out soon too, adding hdr.

Jesus be praised! Patch is on Steam weighing in at 5.7GB.

According to this tweet, Henry will be pleased that this patch addresses performance issues.

Patch Notes

• The game now has Save and Exit feature.
  • Saving is much more robust and saves won’t get corrupted even if the game crashes while saving.
  • Performance improved
  • LoD switching tweaked, reducing pop-in and improving texture streaming.
  • Stuttering in some areas reduced.
  • Slightly smoother framerate on Vsync 30. (Consoles and some PCs)
  • Improved lockpicking
  • New interface design makes it much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock.
  • Easy and Very Easy trunks are now easier to lockpick when playing with controller. (Mouse difficulty unchanged)
  • Improved pickpocketing
  • You will no longer get caught if you stop at the beginning of the minigame. (Unless someone sees you)
  • The risk indicator is now much more precise. When green, you are sure not to get caught.
  • Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.
  • The last quest with Lord Capon is now visible on the map when he is ready to assign it to you.
  • Guards won’t frisk you so often.
  • Your horse shouldn’t get stuck when jumping fences.
  • Horse items are cleaned along with player items in bathhouses.
  • You can see when looking at a bed whether it will save your game.
  • You can sleep on beds without having to sit down first.
  • Levelling up stealth by sneaking past enemies is more consistent.
  • Sneaking past sleeping NPCs is now easier.
  • Some easily accessible trunks with extremely good loot have been removed.
  • Cave mushrooms can now be found in many other damp places.
  • You can no longer autocook potions that you haven’t brewed by hand at least once before.
  • German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.
  • Late game player strength tweaked
  • Some combat perks that were unintentionally overpowered were tuned down.
  • Weapons scale less with high-level stats.
  • It should now be much harder to kill high-level enemies with one hit. (Unless they’re helmetless. Stupid Runt…)
  • Other combat system tweaks
  • “Untargeted attack” exploit fixed.
  • Enemy combat archery AI improved.
  • Guards now react to combat more aggressively.
  • And many other minor tweaks.
  • (PC only) It is now possible to select different types of anti-aliasing.
  • (PC only) It is now possible to set VSync to 30 or 60, or disable it completely.
  • (PC only) Steam Cloud saving enabled.
  • And over 300 other fixes in various quests.

Plus apparently for future patch 1.4 they aim to improve PC multicore performance.