Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Sweet, thanks for the notice.

Bought it for $27 and finished the intro/prologue. The game has a nice feel to it in terms of presentation, though it’s still too early for me to evaluate its combat mechanics. The Cry engine sure does mud well, I think the town’s main thoroughfare is some of the best ground I’ve ever seen in a game (sad that this is what stands out so much from my limited time with it).

That impressed me too. It really drives home that this is a place on the same Earth that we live on, but they just hadn’t gotten around to paving everything yet.

Martin Klíma was inducted into czech game dev hall of fame, here is a nice video from it (en subtitles are there)

I had no idea he was one of the student protesters/speakers in 1989 revolution, my appreciation of him just grew even higher.

Boy the PS4 performance is horrible. Some of the work texture pop in i’ve ever seen in a console game. At times whole castles are invisible.

I think to understand the mindset of the game you have to have watched and enjoyed those EE Polish films like “With FIre and Sword” (Ogniem i Mieczem). It’s realistic in the sense that you don’t go kill dozens of rats and then level up your spellcasting. There are only rarely “thugs” or random things to fight around anyway. It feels like the dev got too defensive and oversold how realistic the gameplay was compared to other sorts of games. It does feel far more realistic but there are also random food pots everywhere and points to put in perks, ect. It does feel much more like a good Polish movie however. You can’t just mash “swing sword” and kill dozens of enemies in front of you. In that respect i think the game succeeded. The plot otoh is pure film.

I never knew that the Satanic Panic of the 1980s could have such a positive impact on someone’s life.

Great band name! Manic Satanic Panic all ages punk show, this Saturday night at your local VFW!

Patch 1.5 has come to see us as well as recap vid
patchnotes

Hallelujah.

Guards no longer drop halberds.

Some interesting info being dropped on codex by writer/designer Smejki

Q: Yo Smejki is the patching largely done or are there still major issues left? I remember a while back you talked about the reputation system being borked, for instance.

A: I honestly don’t see the whole bigpicture, so take it it with a grain of salt.
But generally, yes. The bugs we’re now fixing are less severe and the pace of incoming reports slowed down considerably. I personally for example received maybe 2 major issues in last 1.5 months and i’m responsible for the logic of 11 quests and several minor game systems. That of course means that I have time for creating new content (I’m working on the first DLC BTW). But it also means that most of us can pay attention to less severe bugs and issues which normally would (and could) remain unfixed. It’s quite likely the following patches will be fixing similar amount of issues (around 200) however bigger and bigger proportion of them will be quality of life improvements in some quests or systems, minor tweaks and glitches a and bugs which are more and more negligible.
Patch 1.6 will be released together with the first DLC which is due later this month. And we will certainly release patches along with the other DLCs. No idea if there will be some other patches in between DLC releases.

Q: I thought KC was always meant to be a trilogy.

A: The whole “trilogy” thing stems from our long past history with publishers.
KCD was originally meant to be a complete story across 3 maps. The game was meant to be made by more people than we ever had for more money than we ever had. The project was rejected.
And thus we entered Kickstarter. I believe that our mentioning of ActI, II, and III was a mistake as it only confuses people. The acts correspond with those 3 maps I mentioned above. The KS campaign was only about ActI (with hi tiers preordering uncertain subsequent Acts) and this is what was turned into KCD (KCD1=Act1). However KCD had to stand on its own legs and so the actual KCD is much bigger than what was originally planned for Act1 (Pribyslavits, Uzhits, monastery interriors and big parts of the forests were not originally planned). So KCD1 is actualy Act1++. Unfortunately it’s also why the story ends so abruptly. However even then I believe we could have handled it better. And by we I mean Dan. He wanted the story to end this way and we had biiiiig internal disagreements about it. To almost no avail. He thinks it’s a solid ending. I don’t think so.

I cannot tell you if Act2 and Act3 will be released together as KCD2 or if each Act will get its own installment (KCD2 and KCD3) or if the story ending will be expanded in some DLC. Nor can I confirm some actual “trilogy plan”. All I know is that some people will be confused because of our mentioning of the original Acts structure.
Hope I made it at least a bit clear.

Q: Looking forward to Kingdom Come II: Hussite Wars.

A: I can confirm this - KCD2 story will continue the story of KCD1 right where it ended. That doesn’t mean there can’t a 17 years jump into the future in the middle of the game. Right? But ask yourself how likely that is.

This is really a very good game. But ironically, I kept wishing there was magic in it.

Why can’t we have a gritty, realistic mediaeval sim, just with a bit of magic in it? It’s what I’ve always wanted.

Witcher is about as close as you get.

Sex unicorns define a low fantasy setting.

So picked this up to discover it makes me motion sick :/

I think you can turn off some of the bobbing motion? Will that help?

Even with higher fov?

Head bob isn’t controllable from settings. There are some claims about console options but as many people saying they don’t work :/

FOV doesn’t seem to help… I’ve switched out of ultrawide and am in a narrower window which seemed to help a little? Actually nervous to experiment given how bad it felt.

Ditching ultrawide seems to have more or less fixed things. I’ve fled to Almberg or somewhere - things are afoot!

Played 10 minutes and refunded it. The headbob made me nauseous that quickly, even with FOV set to 80.

This warms my RPG-positive and czech-patriotic heart

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/2018_so_far_top_sellers/