Kingdom Come: Deliverance

One of the devs mentioned in a livestream that a pack containing all the DLC will be announced after the final two add-ons release. I’m holding off on starting until then.

Same same then!

I have a question for those of you that have finished the game. I played a fair number of hours but then put the game aside due to time constraints.

When I stopped playing, I had just made my way in the monastery to conduct the investigation.

Without spoiling anything, could you tell me how far along the main questline I am.

~2/3 or so. But the ending dragged quite a bit in my opinion.

Thanks, that means I should be able to fit it in my schedule soon. I just don’t want to jump back in and have to put it aside again, since that would pretty much guarantee that it would remain unfinished forever.

Wow, this is a nice looking game. I only have a 970 GTX and it still looks nice with a decent frame rate.

I just won a fist fight to collect a debt and I have no idea how I won. The combat definitely is not intuitive.

You are a peasant boy with no idea how to fight, so the game simulates that experience for you :)
Seriously though you will suck at all kinds of combat at the start. To get better, never turn down opportunity to train.

Boy do I have trouble with this game. I’m at the point where I need to warn the other town and I keep getting run down by the bad guys and slaughtered as I’m riding my horse.

Just run/ ride, and don’t stop for anything.It took me a few tries.

I finally made it. My problem is I find it awkward to ride the horse with mouse + kb.

Do people prefer mouse + kb or controller?

I play with a controller on this one…I think M+KB are super annoying for games like this.

Controller

Same here. Once you get used to mouse/kb it’s not bad, but to throw you into a chase like that from the beginning, it’s a bit much. I died a couple of times and then just barely barely made it to safety.

Controller myself, but I know people who couldn’t play it with it :)

Teaser for band of bastards, february 5th

Thank You, Paul, for the recommendation. The game is way up my alley and GOTY material for sure. I’m having a blast!

I’m playing on PS4 Pro, some weird graphics glitches here and there but I’ve encountered no game breaking bugs. The save system is fine and I had no reason for concern. The sleeping console, save on exit, and brewing schnapps is totally manageable.

I’m still picking herbs like crazy to make money. Sage is the most valuable to sell so far. One thing that’s been a challenge is vendors not refreshing their gold stock so I could go a couple in-game days and the vendors I sell to will have 0 groschen. I’m hoping to be able to sell weapons and armor once I get better at combat. Which brings me to…

I SUCK at combat. Maybe it’s me. I’ve been practicing heavily with Bernard and my skills are going up numerically and I’ve gotten some perks. I just leaned combos and now I need to learn master strikes. I heard the combat really opens up once you learn master strikes. But even then I don’t think I’ll get any better at the combat. I hope I’m wrong because I love everything about this game, I want to enjoy the combat as much as everything else.

It took 10 hours but this finally has its hooks into me. I was pretty bewildered at first and it takes a long time to reach a point in the main quest where I feel like I can take a breather. Now I understand the gamey parts of the game and I’m flying around knocking out my todo list like any great RPG.

The only negative so far is dying to a random encounter a quarter mile from town. It had been an hour since I saved. I thought about smashing the game to bits, but I reloaded and did a speed run through the same content in 10 minutes. Absolutely no value was gained from the save mechanic. Shrug.

Does it open up at all? I just escaped to the other castle and spoke to the older woman who came it when I was sleeping. It feels like I’ve either been running for my life or watching cut scenes. I’ve also been paranoid about veering from a known quest because I remember people talking about how the game can move on without you - so I diligently do what the game seems to want me to do.

Yes, the game opens up right around where you are now. But a word of caution. Don’t delay and wait around to do the 1st couple of main quests. That’s all I’ll say to avoid spoiler territory.

Umm it opened up about 7 hours later. That’s the very beginning of the game.