Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is such a lousy name

I remember thinking it was lovely at the time, but it’s been awhile. At the time it was also much harder to find something brightly colored in this genre, everything was brown and gray. I wonder if it will hold up for me. I kind of wish I’d caught that free weekend.

This is a big source of the disconnect, it would never cross my mind to play those games with a controller (I’m surprised its even possible in Grim Dawn with all the targeting) so these seem like games with wildly different gameplay to me.

Nothing to apologize for, you enjoy what you enjoy, I just thought it was a peculiar comparison and wanted to bring that up in case a third party read the thread and got the wrong idea about what kind of game it was.

That is exactly the right description. It’s pretty insubstantial but it’s light, fun, and feels great to me. I’m planning to pick up the deluxe version that includes the upcoming expansion when I have some time to play it, if only because I enjoyed it so much the first time around and “light” is exactly what I need right now.