Knight of Cups - Terrence Malick, now with MORE train of thought

Trailer: http://youtu.be/bC-3rnv_b3o

Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Natalie Portman, Brian Dennehy, Antonio Banderas, Freida Pinto, Wes Bentley, Isabel Lucas, Teresa Palmer, Imogen Poots, Armin Mueller-Stahl and the voice of Ben Kingsley

Does the film cover only cups? Or do they branch out into bowls?

Sure, I’ll see that.

So who here saw the Ben Affleck/Olga Kurylenko Malick movie? It’s kind of hard to think Malick’s last movie was not, in fact, Tree of Life.

-Tom

I am not smart enough to understand the trailer so I expect I won’t be seeing this.

I’ll probably watch this, despite that whole Affleck episode. Also: Brian Dennehy is still alive? I’m expecting him to look like a rough fleshy accumulation of Dennehy-like pseudopods.

Has that deep, husky voice actually become Christian Bale’s real voice now? Also, what’s with the baby?

My brain got tired just watching the trailer!

I saw it. It felt like a self-parody. There was Ben Affleck and floating camerawork and lots of shots of ethereal beautiful women dancing on beaches and in fields.

The movie is due for a US release on March 4th.

I saw it as well, generally liked it, and thought there were some really nice moments. Wasn’t blown away, though, which was a first for me when watching a Malick film (I have truly loved every one I saw until To The Wonder).

I think The New World is particularly underrated.

I probably liked To The Wonder more than most, but it’s far from my favorite Malick film.

I really liked The New World. To the Wonder is the first time I’ve ever been disappointed by a Malick movie.

I need to revisit The New World. Of his films, it was the one I enjoyed the least, but I’ve only seen it the one time.

Just got home from seeing this. This was my first Malick film and I’m thinking that maybe I should have watched Tree of Life beforehand to prepare. I thought it looked beautiful which I guess I should have expected since the cinematography was by Emmanuel Lubezki.

I’m glad I didn’t know anything about the movie because it was fun to see so many familiar faces in this movie.

I’m still thinking about this, but I don’t think I liked this movie. I like certain pieces of it, but I don’t like the whole of it.

Pissy comment by me which is a spoiler.

Also, if I wanted something that was almost entirely voice-over I’d play Bastion, which I would enjoy much more.

This is how I feel about most of Malick’s films.