Kobe-Shaq feud

Getting pretty nasty. Malone and Payton might be sorry they came to the Lakers.

My favorite quotes:

Shaq:

“As we start this new season we want (stuff) done right, (stuff) has to get done right,” O’Neal said. “If you don’t like it then you can opt out next year. As long as it’s my team I’ll voice my opinion. If you don’t like it, opt out.”

“Yeah (it’s my team). Everybody knows that,” O’Neal said. “You guys may give it to (Bryant) like you’ve given him everything else his whole lifetime, but this is The Diesel’s ship.”

“I don’t care about (stuff) he does and I know he doesn’t care about (stuff) I do.” O’Neal said. " That just tells you what type of person he is. But I’ve never been deemed as selfish. Just ask Karl (Malone) and Gary (Payton) why they came here. One person. Not two, one. Period. (Kobe is) right: I’m not telling him how to play a position, I’m telling him to play team ball. If he doesn’t like it, tell him to opt out."

Kobe:

“I know how to play my guard spot,” Bryant said. “He can worry about the low post, I’ll worry about the high post.”

“I’ve played with IV’s before, during and after games. I’ve played with a broken hand, a sprained ankle, a torn shoulder, a fractured tooth, a severed lip, and a knee the size of a softball,” Bryant said.

“I don’t miss 15 games because of a toe injury that everybody knows wasn’t that serious in the first place.”

“It doesn’t matter whose team it is. But this is his team, so it’s time for him to act like it,” Bryant told ESPN. "That means no more coming into camp fat and out of shape, when your team is relying on your leadership on and off the court.

“It also means no more blaming others for our team’s failure, or blaming staff members for not over-dramatizing your injuries so that you avoid blame for your lack of conditioning. Also, `my team’ doesn’t mean only when we win, it means carrying the burden of defeat just as gracefully as you carry a championship trophy.”

I read that ESPN article on Kobe too…Holy shit…He definitely let it all hang out in that interview. The ESPN guy had to wiping drool of his chin after the first 5 minutes.

They had a late night breaking story on espn… frickin’ hilarious! Millionaire athlete princesses…

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What?!

What?![/quote]

I think he played once with a tender scalp… :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the Lakers and both guys involved, but this is beyond petty. I can see one of them demanding a trade for the other within the week’s end! What a couple of babies.

This is gonna have the playa-hatas laughing in glee. (And the Laker-haters, like me!) :)

I agree that these guys are acting like a couple of spoiled bitches. I get tired watching athletes spew this kind of crap. Somehow, in some way, their sense of perspective has to be returned.

Mandatory military draft from the ranks of professional athletic teams? (After all, they’re demonstrably physically fit and far more up to the gruelling physical regime than your standard citizen.)

I, like probably many others, are dancing around gleefully and watch the once unbeatable Lakers destroy themselves and slowing implode.

Its quite something. I just have two sad points with the whole situation:

One… I feel bad for Malone who probably felt he was a shoe in for a ring with the Lakers and now probably regrets going there.

Two… that the Lakers’ slow destruction didnt happen sooner so my Blazers could have won a championship or two. Instead, the Blazers getting worse is coinciding with the Lakers getting worse. Ah well… maybe one day!

(We were robbed in that game seven back in 2000)

Kobe and Shaq never got along - this is just more public than usual and has a higher profile because Kobe’s upcoming trial. The whole idea of a team’s players having to get along to win is baloney.

Malone still has a very good chance at a ring.

Troy

Funkman, you’re loopy. There’s been exactly 1 game, and that’s a game that the Lakers won. To gleefully enjoy the implosion of the Lakers is like putting a hard-boiled egg in an incubator and gleefully awaiting the birth of your new chick, at this point.

Shaq and Kobe were slap fighting like two girls in the middle of their three-peat run. It’s hardly Lakergeddon.

I dont know… I think to many factors are building up against them. You got Kobe and his trial, Shaq angry with Kobe, an incredibly weak bench (as usual) and dont forget Payton may not be happy when he realizes he has to give the ball to Kobe more.

Also… keep in account Ive hated the Lakers for a good five years now… so Im really hoping they do implode.

Gah! Tell me about it!

Don’t get me wrong, I was thrilled when the Lakers pulled up short last year. I have no desire to see them win a title this year.

I just think that to declare them imploding and done a few days into the season is insane. Let’s at leat wait until Kobe has actually played a few games to see him and Shaq play together first.