Kohan: Ahriman's Gift: 9.41 at Electronics Boutique

I lost my old copy so I saw it for 9.99 at EB. Turns out its really 9.41. This makes a difference since items ending with .41 cents are typically part of a buy one get one free deal. I couldn’t find another game I wanted at 9.41 so I just grabbed wheel of time for a friend. I could have grabbed arcanum for 19.41 and Kohan for free, but I didnt wanna spend 10 extra dollars.

IMHO, this is probably the best RTS in a long time. I really cannot wait for the sequel. Nothing has touched it - I liked WCIII and AOM but they just dont quite equal the strategy and tactics Kohan offers. This game is still worth buying full price :) .

Yeah I picked up Starcraft Battlechest last night too since I dumped like 2 years into that game on a ‘back up’ copy. I wanted to play it again, so I decided to actually BUY IT!

Its as awesome as I remember. Go Protoss!

Have you guys tried Warlords Battlecry II? It’s much better than Warcraft 3 IMHO and really deserves to sell more copies, which is why I mention it.

Have you guys tried Warlords Battlecry II? It’s much better than Warcraft 3 IMHO and really deserves to sell more copies, which is why I mention it.

I tried to play it, but I couldn’t get past the hideous graphics and the barbarian who sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Painful.

I’d say it was a bit better than Warcraft 3, but a LOT better than AOM. A plus is that it features no levels where you have to guide a bunch of guys through the map and hope they stay alive. A minus is that their really isn’t much strategy; first one to the more powerful units wins.

I’d say it was a bit better than Warcraft 3, but a LOT better than AOM. A plus is that it features no levels where you have to guide a bunch of guys through the map and hope they stay alive. A minus is that their really isn’t much strategy; first one to the more powerful units wins.[/quote]

Not quite. Getting to those powerful units leaves you vulnerable, and in some cases upgraded old units are better than new.

Not quite. Getting to those powerful units leaves you vulnerable, and in some cases upgraded old units are better than new.

That kinda depends on what army you’re using; that is the case with the undead and the demon forces, but with the human and dwarf forces it isn’t. The fairies are a toss up.

I was talking about AOM, but if you say so for WC3. :D

undead, human, demon, dwarf, fairy-- that’s not WC3.

Ya knuckleheads! I’m talking Warlords Battlecry II! Oh the comedy hijinks!

Woohoo. Thanks for the tip, MrAngryFace. Was at EB today picking up SimCity4 and got Kohan:AG for $9.41-25% clearance = $7.06.

Anyone know a store offering any deals on “spare time?” I still haven’t even played much of Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns.

So here’s a question for the Kohan players: Do I play K:IS first, or should I just skip straight to K:AG?

Just dig right into KAG.

–Dave

Skip KIS and go for KAG.

And, just to completely kill it: just go right to KAG.

Denny: Glad you were able to find a copy, its a great game and the price cant be beat.