Kohan II, Warhammer:DoW, and Rome:TW all released same week

Kohan has a history of sneaking up on people and having great word of mouth. We really think that Kohan could be this year’s “Battlefield 1942” where it kind of exploded after release.

We think anyone who invests time in the game will agree. We also think that the demo will help convince players to do this

As much as we wanted to support the Timegate folks, having sent multiple people to E3 over two years for the specific purposes of finding out more about KoW…as much as we’ve played and loved KAG…few, if any of the Gaming-Age Forum folks that own KAG will be picking up KoW. Even if the game’s been refined quite a bit since the onset of beta, it’ll take a lot to convince us that even half the strategy’s intact.

Now, I realize that this goes against the general warm sentiment that’s been conveyed with the QT3 posters here, but we’ve put in far more time with KAG. That may make us delusional fanboys who couldn’t possibly be pleased with any new direction taken, or maybe we just analyzed the game structure and found it totally lacking. I and others participated in a Beta Q&A session or two where the overall commentary from the users was 95% negative, made worse by the “copied from a PR sheet” responses received from what seemed like legitimate, constructive criticism (with the most important questions being ignored to save face).

Either way, I’ll be trying out the demo, examining the progress made and discussing it with my former KAG rivals in the hope that KoW is an evolution of any degree, but my outlook is exceedingly grim

On the other hand, Warhammer 40k Dawn of War is fun, but a little broken as of the last beta version. From what the devs are telling me, my issues with that version shouldn’t really be a problem in the gold build, but I suppose I’ll see when my copy arrives. The game seems like it’ll be fun, but I have a feeling the typical Relic-style unit amount caps will continue being a slight pain, if a livable one.