KotoR I or II - Are old Jedi more powerful?

I think Lucas realized immediately after Ep1 that the concept of midichlorians was one of his dumbest ideas ever. Ep2 & 3 never mentioned them again, thankfully, so I guess we can safely ignore them.

Midichlorians are megametaphors for what was wrong with the prequels. Their inclusion was unnecessary and took away a little of the magic from the first trilogy.

My X-Wing could totally beat your Y-Wing.

• Alan

The USS Enterprise could TOTALLY take out the Death Star.

The CV-6 or the CVN-65?

The CV-6 or the CVN-65?

Call me Comic Book Guy but…
Could the fact that all the Jedi in the KOTOR universe were involved in a huge war not mean that they would be more conditioned for battle? The Jedi in the films were more ceremonial, sure they beat up a few funny looking robots but they had no experience actually fighting pitched battles against powerful enemy Jedi. In short I think the modern Jedi were better at drinking magic tea with raised pinkies and hob nobbing with the rich and famous than the ancient Jedi, and the ancient Jedi were a little better at kicking ass than the modern Jedi.

CVN-65. One nuclear-tipped Phoenix and it’s buh-bye reactor port.

Might be referring more to Darth Nihilus’ destruction of the Miraluka homeworld. From the sound of it, all life was pretty much wiped off the face of that planet.

No might be about it.

Here is the line I referenced earlier, only now I went back to get the exact exchange:

YODA: Blind we are, if creation of this clone army we could
not see.

MACE WINDU: I think it is time to inform the Senate that
our ability to use the Force has diminished.

YODA: Only the Dark Lords of the Sith know of our weakness.
If informed the Senate is, multiply our adversaries will.

Random follow up on the clone army creation -

I know it was a big misdirection of the Jedi and a whole editing of the Jedi library to make it’s location a secret, but what’s the whole story of how Darth Sidius pulled it off without the Jedi knowing about it till later. The movies left a big hole in that reguard. Oh! We ordered hundreds of thousands of clone troopers, and we magically have transportation for them to fight! Yay! And we as Jedi are not going to question this too much because we have to fight the mean robots.

Didn’t he order them under the name of a Jedi who he killed shortly thereafter? So the Jedis just figured “Oh, good thing Master Blee-blug was so foresighted! Too bad about that freak Jawa accident!”. I know they mentioned that first part, anyway.

No it couldn’t. U.S.S. Enterprise vs. The Death Star @ WWWF Grudge Match

I always took that exchange to mean that the Jedi ability to see the future was being clouded by the Dark Side. And that’s pretty much the extent of the Jedi “loss of power”.

If you watch the Clone Wars cartoons, they seem to make it fairly clear that modern Jedi are kick-ass killing machines, too, regardless of their ability (or lack thereof) to see the future.

As for Master Sipher Diaz and the ordering of the Clone Army, I dunno. It’s never really addressed, but I guess the Jedi didn’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth. They certainly never pursued the plot that created the clones and erased the location of Camino from the Jedi archives. They just sent Obi Wan, and then Yoda to collect the clones. I guess Yoda might have snooped around a bit, off camera, but he certainly never discovered anything that made him distrust the Clone Troopers. Up until Executive Order 66 (I think that was the number), they were staunch allies.

I actually wonder about the Stormtroopers and their relation to the Clone troopers. They don’t seem to be the same (Stormtroopers have distinct voices, and they don’t seem to have mad Jango skills), but where did all the Clones go if the Stormtroopers aren’t them?

This should probably be in the Movie forum…

Re: clone troopers and stormtroopers: they are for the most part, but it is believed that the ranks were kept up with recruits.

No it couldn’t. http://www.grudge-match.com/History/ds-enterprise.shtml[/QUOTE]

Nah. The Enterprise-D could do it. All they have to do is reverse the polarity of the neutron flow and reroute it through the main deflector dish, and they have a 100% effective anti-planetbuster shield AND Death Star Disintegrator all in one handy package. The only side effects will be pronounced and prolonged angst among every member of the crew.

<geek>
The Death Star would be the rough equivalent of a Borg Cube. Which can be taken down given a tech level “movie-7” star fleet and enough bald captains pointing out the weak spot.
</geek>

Well lets think about it the death star can hit a slow ass moving planet easy but could it really hit a moving target? I dont think it could which takes the ultra mega planet killing beam out of play.

Plus you have to remember, the MacGyverish manner in which Death Star I and it’s “oh screw it, let’s just waste the galaxy’s resources making another one with an equally crippling design flaw that the primary weapon used by our enemies field in quantity can trivially exploit” cousin Death Star II were taken down. Starfleet is TRAINED for MacGyver moments.

They’d warp out of the system, leaving behind a plucky engineer and a couple of security people in a cloaked shuttlecraft. They would land right in the death star trench and drop a mine down the exhaust port. The mine would of course fail to arm, and a security person would manfully volunteer to descend into the trench and arm the mine manually, assuring his death, because hey, it’s what security people on the Enterprise do.

The Death Star would explode shortly therafter, possibly with Darth Vader feeling oddly about the Force, as if it was being countered by a Secular Humanist Federation Distortion Field. The remaining security person and the plucky engineer would return to the Enterprise shortly thereafter, staring wistfully into space.