Kristen Bell in Assassin's Creed: Thoughts?

Hmm, didn’t see that public demo. That’s pretty bad though. And I agree with the other poster who said the digital binary code nonsensory should just be removed. Isn’t the story interesting enough that you’re playing as a middle eastern assassin during the Crusades assassinating people from both sides of the war in broad daylight? Mix in the whole “le parkour” element and I was already sold. I assume this is so they can do a whole string of these, but do you really need that tangential and tenuous link? You could just do a bunch of assassination based games in various unique periods of human history and the link could just be the “assassination” or what have you.

My god, that visual was quite appealing.

Somehow I had no idea that Kristen Bell was in Assassin’s Creed until I read this thread just now. I do remember from either the demo or trailer for it that I already figured out there was some sort of time-travel nonsense going on where maybe you play an assassin from the future, who would obviously be going back to try to change/preserve history. What did she say in her interview and how long ago was it? It doesn’t seem like she could give too much more away than Ubi already has themselves.

She made some offhand comment about genetic memory.

And apparently the whole scifi twist is revealed almost immediately in the game, so I really don’t see what the point is of keeping it secret.

Dirt, I always thought that people around here were too rough on you, and couldn’t understand the irrational hatred. And now you’ve gone and made it seem rational. sighing more in sorrow than in anger

Lousy airbrushing. Now, bring on the Jade Raymond pics.

It’s cynical, exploitative marketing. At least, it would be exploitative if it worked, which it didn’t.

She’s on my own personal A-list.

I’ll buy an additional copy of AC just for all the haters.

In video game terms? Yes. She will be somewhat known to the audience. The best recent example of this I can remember is the C&C guys getting the BSG chicks and that ‘Lost’ guy for the FMV stuff for C&C 3.

Ohh and can’t forget Mr. Billy Dee “Colt 45” Williams.

DIAF.

Like Now?

The popular vernacular is fucked. Record a random person in unrehearsed speech and they’ll most likely use that more than a few times.

More than a few is different than an enormous shitton. A lot of people I know flagrantly overuse “like” as their verbal static.

Bell was fucking great opposite Val Kilmer in Spartan. Is that A-list enough for you bitches?

Good call, Unicorn! I forgot that was her.

But, yeah, I’m sure she’s money well spent for all you geeks who watch that Veronica Mars dealie. Isn’t she on that Heroes thing as well? Becker’s comparison to the C&C3 cast is spot-on. Why spring for A-list talent when you can just get talent that your target audience digs?

-Tom

Don’t think she’s that well known outside the US though. I personally don’t know anyone here who’d be able to say who “Kristen Bell” is.

-Julian

They’ve been showing a bunch of commercials on tv and I didn’t even know there was a female in the game.

I should warn anybody thinking of watching Veronica Mars now that it is a great, great show RIGHT UP UNTIL IT INEXPLICABLY FALLS INTO THE CRAPPER IN SEASON THREE.

Sorry, was that a spoiler?

if by spoiler you mean “the kind of thing someone should have been courteous to say about Lost” then yeah, spoiler.