Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

I didn’t see a thread for this outside of the ever-growing “Next Ten XBLA Titles” thread, but I thought this news warranted a separate story.

http://www.rundlc.com/news/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-co-op-controversy-xbox-live/

For months, Crystal Dynamics has touted the online co-op mode in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, where two players work together to battle enemies and solve puzzles. It’s without question the game’s most intriguing feature, and in a shocking twist, this mode won’t debut alongside the game when it hits Xbox Live August 18th for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15). Instead, Xbox 360 owners will need to wait for a downloadable update that’ll arrive September 28th.

How do you screw up that badly?

Wow, yeah, that really blows. The cooperative experience is something I am really looking forward to.

Summer of Arcade is kind of a bust* this year. I still have high hopes for Monday Night Combat.

*Limbo excepted

Local co-op still works, according to the article.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane is awesome. Infidels!

I couldn’t agree more. Last year was fantastic, games like Trials and Shadow Complex really pushed what an arcade game could be and were worth the $15 price tag. This year…not so much.

Did I mention I don’t like Limbo?

The “Meet the” videos have just about totally turned me off on MNC.

I know what you mean(I want to club the Sniper with a rusty tire iron), but have you watched the gameplay walkthroughs? They’ve only done two so far, but I can totally see myself settling into the Support class.

Tank
Support

My guess is they needed to make a certain date to be in Summer of Arcade, which is worth a lot, marketing-wise, and it wasn’t ready to ship. Games are hard to make. :)

Chris

Well I imagine they fucked themselves out of quite a few day one purchases with this news anyway.

I certainly wonder this as well.

Why? It puts the code in the compiler or it gets the hose again.

Crackdown 2 has this covered in spades.

Well, regardless of online co-op, the scores for this game are pretty amazing.

Played it, thought it was really fun. They’ve also, uh, ‘readjusted’ Lara’s proportions again; her ass and boobs are massive ingame despite the press art we’ve seen.

I think they’re a lot like paintings that follow you around the room.

No matter how far away you are to them, they are always the same size.

I’ve been looking forward to this for a while, being the Tomb Raider fan (-boy? apologist? I don’t know!) that I am. I can wait on the co-op, since I didn’t really have any friends lined up to try that mode with me yet anyway. But I’ve consistently enjoyed the TR games that I have played, sounds like this should be fun.

I think I’m gonna pick this up when I get home, and I’d be happy to rock a little coop with you Pogue. (I also am a closet Tomb Raider fan).

Sweet – I will look you up when the co-op patch is released, merryprankster.