Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

They just announced that the first DLC pack will be available for free the first 30 days after it’s released on XBL, as an apology for co-op not being ready-

Also, this game has a metacritic of 89 after fourteen reviews. Impressive.

Probably a good idea. I can totally see people putting off the purchase until it gets patched and then kinda forgetting about it. I bet this will get more people to pull the trigger before the marketing push subsides.

That’s a smart move from Square-Enix.

Really looking forward to playing this today.

Following remarks in Mafia’s thread concerning not paying full price anymore:

I will wait for a Steam deal (50% minimum) before picking it up and yes that deal will come in a while (Weekend deal / Mid-week deal or Christmas sale).

I’m definitely gonna try the demo as this game is getting some crazy good buzz around it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=2157

I hadn’t really been following this much but looking at the videos this sort of looks like an action RPG type game, though I’m betting it’s more like an action platformer/puzzler. Looks really interesting and I’m pretty sure a friend of mine worked on it so I might have to pick it up. Damn you PS3 version not being released for another month!

Holy shit. 2.02 Gb? This isn’t your grandad’s XBLA game.

Steam says it’ll take 7 gigs of space.

I’m not sure I understand the 3.5x size difference here. What the heck is going on with the PC version, are textures just 4x the size or something?

So tempted to make a Lara’s boobs joke…

What? Like “Lara will be 3.5 times more jiggly on the PC”?

They may have incorporated Team Ninja’s jiggly boobs tech into this game on PC. Major selling point, imo.

Higher resolution support probably. How much does this cost on XBLA?

I guess so. If the 360 version only runs at 720 that could explain it.

How much does this cost on XBLA?

1200 points.

In real money? Ahh, using this it’s 15.00 dollars. Hopefully the PC version is similarly priced.

Depends on how much paid for the points.

Ahh, using this it’s 15.00 dollars. Hopefully the PC version is similarly priced.

Pretty sure I read it was $14.99 for PC and PS3.

Ahh, cool, I don’t see a price up yet on steam.

It is about 40% puzzles and 60% combat. However, there are a ton of relics, weapons and artifacts to find as you play the game. These can be equipped to increase the damage your weapons do, defense ratings, speed, etc. There are also relics that give you power-up abilities when you chain attacks together, such as giving your guns spread-shot and other abilities.

Also, you find health and ammo power-ups that increase both traits for the remainder of the game (and when replaying a level).

So, it’s RPG-lite, but there are definitely RPG elements to it.

So I’m debating about getting this for Steam or my PS3. The PS3 is the front runner as it seems like it’s probably designed with consoles in mind and I can play it from my couch. Any reason to go PC, free content (doubt it), better interface (it happens), better multiplayer experience, anything?

How’s local co-op? Any camera issues or anything?