Larian wants to know what RPGs you like and hate

Throw one more in agreement with that post, up through and including the praise for Dream Quest. Team Backlash. PoE does almost everything right, D:OS does about 60% of the things right and is good enough to play, but leaves a lot on the table.

PoE was aiiight until toward the end when some of the locations and plot elements started getting ridiculous. They should have waited until PoE 3 before they had the player fight gods and stuff. It got too epic too fast. Combat also wasn’t very memorable. And the home base didn’t serve any real purpose, except as a money sink.

You know for three lines Yak has POE perfectly pegged. Tyranny fixed some of that though was very short. POE 2 could be a good mix.

Good survey, thanks for posting this.

Personally, I’d basically reverse that. (I completed both.) Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Yep. Not quite finshed with PoE, its turned into a bit of a struggle to carry on to the end, while once I got in the groove with D:OS it was great.

The major point of difference for me is the combat. I hated the combat in PoE and eventually turned it down to story mode. Original Sin’s turn-based tactical combat is the most satisfying I’ve encountered in an RPG in probably a decade or more.

Same here.

They need to keep making more games lik Divinity Original Sin, that’s all.

It’s nice they’re asking via survey, but I’m surprised they are. If everyone voted for Witcher 3 game, do you think they’d actually change from their comfort zone to taking on a Witcher 3 type open world?

I’d be fine with that as long as it remained turn-based.

Divinity 2 was not an open world, but it was pretty close to Witcher 3 otherwise (in gameplay and structure). I would not be surprised if they did the survey to get a feel for what kind of RPG their fans like the most and if they should try to go back to third person.