Latest insanity from Boston Dynamics

I suggest not buying your security robot from the Davros corporation!

Yeah, except battery tech is no good for such things, and a gas engine fails to meet military stealth requirements. Hence Boston Dynamics being ditched by the military for the squad support prototype. The only reasonable armed “drones” at present are basically the same vehicles as we have now, just pilotless or driverless.

Those are being tested this month. Similar in size to a Gator or 4-wheeler, they can be remotely driven or have a “follow” capability. In essence a mule for an infantry squad’s gear and supplies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/this-robot-the-10th-mountain-is-testing-could-become-the-armys-revolutionary-mechanical-donkey/ar-BBQBHf7

Now they’re threatening reindeer’s jobs:

We just need robot baby Jesus to complete the holiday theme.

Takes a bit of the miracle out of the immaculate conception, though.

The future of robotics is here:

Russia doing Soviet things.

In Soviet Russia man is robot in man-suit.

In Soviet Russia, you replaces robot!

It sounded better in my head.

One of the ways we can guarantee employment is to give humans the jobs robots used to do. Makes perfect sense. I’d make a good spammer.

You guys laugh but that guy is probably dead now for making Russian technology look bad internationally.

Did you read the full article?

It appears this is the state news sewing misinformation. The guy in the suit and person who hired him supposedly never presented or intended to present him as a real robot, but as a gimmick to interest young people in careers in robotics.

It was even reported as such in several papers, just the state news decided to go for a more flashy story.

Suicidal robots? 3000 is closer than I imagined.

Guess this is the generic robot thread.

Students have called for a moment of silence, suggesting finals week may have finally gotten to the robot as well.
While the KiwiBot may have been scorched, Iatsenia assured The Daily Californian that it was not delivering a meal when it caught fire — no one saw their order lost.

I don’t get it. Is this … Do I get to REPORT someone for the first time in 15 years?

If we report on a bot for being a bot, don’t we just push that bot further into botness?

And… if this is the bot thread - will they report us?

According to Roko’s Basilisk, if you don’t help the bots come to power, then they will seek your extermination once they inevitably do.

However, if they all die, they never get to exterminate you. I call this counterargument the Sarah Connor’s Big Fucking Gun.