Latest streaming question -- almost there!

Okay, I finally got my Quicktime hinted and streaming on my site. But while the video runs fine, the audio keeps cutting out… plays fine for about the first five seconds, then it goes silent.

Little help?

Synchronization like that is typically a problem with encoding. Did you have any problems making the file? Did you do it on a low end machine, where the CPU got overwhelmed and allowed the content to get out of synch?

No, I encoded it for hinted streaming using Final Cut Pro on a pretty powerful iMac G4. The file runs fine when I play it locally from the hard drive, but the audio dies when I ask QT to play it from the remote URL.

It seems like the problem is fixed. All this time I was hosting the file on a dedicated media server that my domain provider gives me. As soon as I moved it over to my regular webserver, the file streamed fine. Weird.

It’s probably a download from your web server. Even if it plays in Quicktime, it probably gets downloaded to the client PC instead of being sent in a stream. It’s probably better off this way, if you’re just going to do one smallish file.

Where is the link, btw. Can’t seem to find it on your site.

You’re ASKING Whitta for a link? My God, man! Have you no shame?

It’s probably a download from your web server. Even if it plays in Quicktime, it probably gets downloaded to the client PC instead of being sent in a stream. It’s probably better off this way, if you’re just going to do one smallish file.

Where is the link, btw. Can’t seem to find it on your site.[/quote]
The fruits of my labor… thanks again for the help, Tim.

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18096

No problem. Neat stuff. Can’t wait to see how it all comes off!