LawBreakers - CliffyB's Boss Key joint

Killing Floor 2 is gonna get a bump next month being the lead game of the next Humble Monthly.

Yep the active nightly player base is going down… So what do they do now?
Maybe its doing better on console?

There are a number of modern FPS games that do a lot better on console for multiplayer. Sadly Battlefield 1 is one of them, the logic is that PC players prefer more modern militaristic type of shooters.

Will it go F2P?

The Call of Duty games are a lot more popular on consoles too, so I don’t think that’s the reason.

Welp, poor Cliff, that reached the 1000 player mark in a record time.

And the funny thing about that all time peak number is that it occurred during the open beta free weekend.

Perhaps the most surprising thing is the ratio between owner (65000) and concurrent players (650). Obviously it’s normal for most people to not play at the same time, but a game that only it’s 2 weeks old, more people than a 1% should be playing it at any given time. In truth, not only it didn’t sold very well, buyers are tiring fast of it.

Wouldn’t those “owners” also be people that installed the free beta? Or am I mistaken on that?

No, after the beta ended there was a reset according to Steamspy.

nGAF users are posting that the new 1.2 patch has messed up matchmaking on PC, so thats not good.

Gotcha, thanks!

I have a friend who really loves the game. He was a huge fan of the Weapons Factory mods way back in the day, and he feels like this is kind of a throwback to those days. Too bad the game’s not doing better.

At this moment they have captured around 10% of their peak beta playerbase, is that good? I dunno.

It isn’t bad I think, but bad part is how the open beta/demo only reached 600K. More popular games reaches 2 million players or more in similar events (Edit Overwatch had 10M during the open beta).

In the end, LawBreakers compete in a saturated market with:

Battlefield
Call of duty
Overwatch
Halo
Paladins
Battlegrounds
Arma 3
Rainbow six Siege
Quake Champions
Dirty Bomb
Destiny
CS GO
TF2
Titanfall 2
H1Z1

and well, it always had only a small chance of success to break through.

10% wouldn’t be bad 90 days in, but we’re at what, 2 weeks? It’s a disaster.

Paladins did well by being F2P and aping the Overwatch asthetic, if only mostly poorly that it looks like a cheaply-designed knockofff. At least it wasn’t Paragon/LB’s edgelord design from Poser/90s.

I hope Dirty Bomb gets a worthwhile player base, it deserves it.

The thing is, the price point they set for LB was great.

The Polygon review is great for the opening paragraph:

I often find myself hesitant to talk about how fun it is, thanks to an embarrassing dubstep soundtrack, gunmetal-on-everything design and the “#SkilledAF” marketing hashtag. But beneath all that junk hides a game that is a blast to play when it isn’t actively sabotaging itself.

The #SkilledAF tag just turns me off the game.

Is… is… cliffy b gonna make us his bitch?

You forgot that hot competition from Battleborn.

From a dev:

We will be posting a 2017 Road Map after the holiday weekend, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.