League of Legends: Official Thread

Sigh. Ignored, I guess.

So this stuff is happening. Lots of interesting changes in there. As a dude who plays mostly the guys who got buffed and doesnā€™t play the guys that got nerfed I approve this message. More Nautilus, less stupid bear plz. Iā€™m also alright with the Elder Lizard change, getting that 300g earlier on Nocturne will be sweet.

Somebody has to like this video here :D

Donā€™t play LoL but I thought this article about Riotā€™s in-game social engineering experiments was interesting.

Theyā€™re coming (on PBE right now).

Also: Spirit Summoner Udyr.

Having recently begun to get back into LoL and other MOBAs (like Smite), I am very glad to see them adding replays. Finally.

2.5 years since I started at this game. Finally made this happen:

Stealing kills from the other dudes on your team is rude.

-Tom

From the first few seconds, I thought the video was a montage to missed Ashe ults.

Heh, I think because of the direction I walked out of the bush she couldnā€™t see me leave and figured I was just waiting there. That Ashe was actually pretty good with them for most of the game, though.

Thatā€™s why Olaf and Draven stopped attacking at the end. Good guy team.

Anyone wanna play some 5 v 5 or 3 v 3?
Summoner name: Prince Ownage

Spirit Guard Udyr will be out on NA servers in a couple hours.

The login screen and music can be found here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/07/spirit-guard-udyrs-login-screen-and.html

Riot continues to raise the bar.

Itā€™s too bad that you have to play Udyr to use it, though.

Heā€™s a great lane bully against some melee champions. Rush a sheen, win lane.

Udyrā€™s mai boi! :D

But serious, heā€™s awesome.

They are going all out with this new Udyr skin. Multiple login backgrounds, motion comic you can access from the launcher etc.

Waiting impatiently for Lucianā€¦

So I just downloaded this a few days ago. Fun. What surprised me most was that there was so muchā€¦contentā€¦devoted to a game that while I had heard of, had never paid attention to at all prior to days ago. Also, the playerbase is militant. I am not a big multiplayer guy outside of MMOs, but goddamn. You get in a game and if you want to do something with your champion outside of accepted doctrine you hear about it from at least one of the other players, sometimes all of them.

The early levels tend to be the more toxic ones, FWIW. ARAM is a fun usually quick mode where everyone is assigned one of their available champions at random.

Oh yeah, donā€™t forget to do the facebook and youtube promotions for 2 free champions.

You probably want to play co-op against bots. Most people play that mode to experiment. The hard AI can provide a challenge for beginners.

There is not much room to try things outside the established roles in a regular 5v5 match. The quickest way to learn is to get on voice chat with more experienced players who are willing to help.

ARAM is a fun way to get an intro to a lot of champions quickly and itā€™s nice that the matches are quick (average 25 mins). People are less picky if you suck at a champ in ARAM.

Olaf was the first champion I unlocked :)