League of Legends: Official Thread

Seriously, the LoL (and apparently other MOBA’s) “community” is a wretched cesspool of human filth from my own experiences playing the game. I’d rather play Call of Duty [insert current subtitle here] on the X-Box with voice-chat active than play LoL with even just text-chat running.

I’m considering putting together a Qt3 5v5 and maybe a 3v3 team if anyone is interested. Let me know, here, and if I don’t have you as a friend (Vonnegut) add me and we can discuss.

I haven’t had as bad of a time as I used to in LoL lately with people talking shit, but I still get it from time to time.

I’m more interested in a 5v5 team, but I’ll play either. I’m usually not around much on Tuesdays and Thursdays, other nights should be ok.

Yeah the 3v3 would be for me and my lack of patience.

I so far have 3 people including myself, anyone else?

I’d do 5v5 (not really interested in 3v3), so long as it doesn’t dip into bitter anger and animosity when we lose games. :)

So to be clear, you think people are making shit up because they don’t agree with you?

Awesome.

I don’t know every cesspool is created equal here. There are definitely certain elo ranges that are worse than others and I’ve heard that you will encounter more trolls leveling up because people who’ve had their accounts banned don’t just drop LoL and walk away. Rather, they end up polluting the game for newbies who are still learning the ropes. But once folks hit 30 and settle into their personal elo, I think the toxic players are mostly outnumbered by those who will report them and boot them out of the system. Yeah, you’ll still see a rager every now and again but – especially as you move up the elo brackets – people tend to have a sense of humor about their own misplays and those of their teammates.

That said, I know it can be wretched at the bottom of any division because people have nothing to lose and simply don’t care. I also can’t speak to what happens in normals since I only ever do those for fun and it tends to get silly.

We’re only going to lose games if you feed, you scrub.

JK, I’ll feed.

Oh, we’ll feed. We’ll feed like no tomorrow

heh… I’m up for this too - if we set up a time it would be fun.

I play :)

Willowglen

No, I doubt you are making shit up. I could easily imagine you being involved in a soccer tournament where you’re shouting pejoratives at people.

I’m your huckleberry. When are you thinking about starting the feed sessions?

I’m up for 5-man team - skystride

OK, so I created a new thread for our team - http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?73308-League-of-Legends-Qt3-Team&p=3425637#post3425637

I’m around a bit in the evenings, and would be happy to pick up ARAMs (or maybe even some rift) during the time from 8PM EST->midnight most days during the week. If I’m not logged in, you can hit me up on steam (@espressojim).

My NA account is sadly far behind my EU account in terms of rune pages champion availability etc, but I’m currently optimizing for ARAM. I hope to play solo Q on NA at some point (maybe duo?) since Riot’s recent work has kicked my ping down to 85-90, while it’s a steady 120-150 on EUW.

For those who missed, “PVP.net” shutdown Thursday evening, effectively blocking play for North American players.

Ongoing connectivity issues reportedly arising from Riot’s dependence on “tier 1” internet service providers, such as Cogent.

Issues allegedly out of Riot’s control.

With any luck, connectivity issues will be ironed out soon. For those experiencing “Server UNDEFINED” issue at login screen despite forum-linked server status marked as up-and-running, current version of developer password thereisnourflevel still seems to work to bypass error and get queued up to log into game–tested this last night and found to still function.

Do any of you have terrible lag spikes in this game? My ping can be as low as ~80ms but most of the time its 400-1100.

There was an almost 7000 post thread on this issue on the official forums but they recently closed it saying they fixed everything. Except its not fixed. My internet is generally capable, I can not say that I do a ton of MP gaming but I can play Borderlands 2 just fine as well as stream Amazon and Netflix stuff in HD. Speedtest results in 15-25ms ping, 15Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

After reading a very long guide from a longtime LoL player who switched to Dota talking about changing over, I figured I finally aught to try out this LoL thing. So, I finished the tutorial, and I think it prompted me to queue for a bot game. Sounds great. Well, it’s been Searching for Match almost 20 minutes so far, and nothing at all. Is this typical? Such a let down… …