League of Legends: Official Thread

I AM I AM. Watching the last game right now. This has been the best day of groups so far in terms of game quality.

Without a doubt. So many upsets. And the teams played so well or in such an entertaining all-in way you could really root for them.

I had so much funā€¦ For most of the day. :/

Iā€™m looking forward to Wednesday with Fnatic, IG and not showing up 100Thieves. I wouldnā€™t mind G2 getting through also, even though I wasnā€™t that enthused by them until the play ins.

But I donā€™t think any other day will have the drama with every single match mattering we had today.

Iā€™m sure rikara will carry 100Tā€¦into them picking up a new ADC for next season. We may never know what happened to cody sun, but itā€™s pretty hard to believe in 100T since the swap.

Damn. Last game of the day was really close until that baron fight. C9 should be proud they played as well as they did, though. Holding toe to toe for almost 40m with RNG is far better than NA would ever expect to do. So happy to see both C9 and VIT just sack up and DO SOMETHING. Pitty liquid will probably passively die when itā€™s their turn.

Day 5 had me hypedā€“I was blabbering to people who didnā€™t understand a word. I guess watching the earlier days helped, because it set the stage. I had built expectations around how teams played, I got to know the players, and I started to have teams I really wanted to win. Then the games came through, combined with those parts, and made for the best day of games I have seen.

VODs are available at https://watch.na.lolesports.com/vods/worlds/world_championship_2018

Yep. Day 5 was an awesome rollercoaster. Today probably was exciting too, given the come back of a specific team. But I was stuck in a long day at work. So all I got to see tonight was the final tie breaker match.

That one was pretty fun, but not as close as some of the stuff we saw yesterday.

I hadnā€™t seen Mordekaiser played competitively for a long time (since I attended worlds in 2015 and it was played all the time).

In the end, it didnā€™t make much of an impression. Perkz was awesome on Irelia. And Iā€™m glad we have an EU team out of groups. Looking forward to Fnatic doing the same. I love watching that team play .

Sooo. Yesterday was an insane day. The series are must see League of legends.

And then a message from my son wakes me up at 5am mentioning an unconventional pick from Afreeca Freecs Vs C9. So I drag myself downstairs andā€¦
what-in-tarnations

Today is going to be that kind of day too, eh?

Hie ye to the quarterfinals. The style of professional play shifted from how itā€™s been in the last few years. These matches became must-see because theyā€™re a more enjoyable style to watch, and the change is happening in front of us. I feel like an imposter for being so hyped.

I just got done watching the first Q-finals match, amazing. Canā€™t wait to see the rest of it!

This meta favours skirmishes and mechanical outplays. Itā€™s a ton of fun to watch played well. And thereā€™s been a lot of that this week-end. Youā€™re in for a treat!

Just finished watching all of the quarter finals, really insane games, highly entertaining.

Anyone else up to watch NA vs EU? Based on game 1, there is going to be some action and skill match ups. :)

Watching it on VOD today. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s more competitive than the G2 games.

Iā€™ll hold off on commenting until you are done.

For those interested and who donā€™t want to see the number of matches on vod (I always try and pick the matches with my eyes half closed to avoid giving that away, which is not the ideal way to navigate Youtube :) ), the full rebroadcast is due to start in 4 hours (though I believe that includes a 1 hour countdown, so say 5 hours from this post):

How to watch VODs:

Install plugin that prevents spoilers:

Go to LolEventVods and watch vods:

I donā€™t watch league ā€œliveā€ at all. Sometimes at 2x speed on VODs, often skipping analysis for the reallyā€¦obvious games.

Neat! Thanks for the tip. Iā€™ll definitely make use of that.

Wendelius

I donā€™t know whether anyone else has watched it, but one of Netflixā€™s 7 Days Out documentary episodes deals with League of Legends and the NA LCS Spring finals.

It also happened to be filmed in the week Doublelift got the news about his mum passing.

The documentary is not only for LoL players. It just shows the behind the scenes for Riot, the teams, the players. I found it quite interesting.

www.netflix.com/title/80207124

If anyoneā€™s still interested in the competitive side of this gameā€¦MSI has been hella-interesting. The games today in particular were fun to watch.

I still watch regularly and play infrequently. Kind of like basketball.

This yearā€™s MSI was exceptionally entertaining, youā€™re missing out if you havenā€™t seen it. Both semifinals were great series, the final itself less so.

I stopped playing and watching League after I visited Riotā€™s office and learned too much about them as a company.