Leaked Patch notes for BF2 1.03

Can’t vouch for the authenticity, but here ya go:

BF2 patch 1.03
Alpha - 2 Sept
· Beta - 19 Sept
· Final - 23 Sept
· CQC/ECG Sub - 28 Sept
· Release - 3 Oct

Wake Island· In a surprise move, forces of the People’s Liberation Army have attacked and captured Wake Island in a bid to threaten US lines of supply. USMC forces have been short-stopped from their deployment in Manchuria to respond to this new threat. The airbase on Wake Island is the lynchpin of the Chinese air threat, however it is highly susceptible to ground attack from either the northern

Compare Feature· By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats. You can also load a player’s stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.

Favorites/History· There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.

BF2 Account Tag · You can add a 6-character prefix to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the scoresheet, in game messages, and above your player. This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards). You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.

Server Reserved Slots· Server admins can define a list of player BF2 account names which will reserve VIP slots on the server.

Engineer/Helicopter· Modified the rate at which engineer can repair a helicopter while sitting in the helicopter. It now takes longer for the engineer to repair the helicopter.

Vehicle/Control Point Capture· Only one person in a vehicle counts towards a control point capture. If passengers want to increase the rate of the flag change, they must disembark from the vehicle.

Vehicle/Soldier interaction· Improved physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not as easily killed by moving vehicles. Bring on the wing-walkers!

Auto Balance· Auto team balance no longer moves the commander or squad leaders to the other team.

Point Farming· Limits placed on ability to point farm.

Rank/Awards· Criteria for gaining ranks and awards has been changed.

Supply Drop· The commander’s supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D-map icon in the world.

/notes.

Looks like some good changes. Some of these should definitely have been in since release though. Also would’ve been nice to have reduced chatter for non-squadmembers.

Rank/Awards· Criteria for gaining ranks and awards has been changed.

I wonder what exact changes have been made. Perhaps they adjusted the gigantic jump in points from Lance Corporal to Corporal?

Is that all?
Jesus, I was hoping they would at least nerf choppers and jets.

Jets pretty much cancel eachother out. If they other team has far superior pilots, though, then you are indeed screwed. However, that’s not really a balance issue in the gameplay, more of stacked teams. Ground is pretty ineffective against air, yes, but jets can duel eachother all day with no effect. If your on a bomber’s ass, there’s no way it can effective bomb anything.

Helos… the transports have been nerfed big time (the 1 person cap limit in the vehicles, slowed repair rate, ect). The attack helo is pretty overpowered, though, however it isn’t too hard to take one out with ground AA or a transport vehicle (like a hummer).

Honestly, I don’t see air as being overpowering in the end. A force to be reconed with… but all sides are pretty much given the equal means to use their own air assets.

You’re kidding.
An attack chopper has armour equal to a tank and can fire a burst that is three times more effective in the equivalent time. (Let alone mention the insta-kill missile the gunner has). Its speed means that it can retreat as soon as significant damage is done to it. Repairing and rearming is insanely quick at a helipad. Stingers are not much of a danger. The mobile AA is pitiful against choppers. The flak should rip them apart but instead does minimal damage.
Transports are still too strong. Hell, no chopper should be allowed to cap flags. It should be a footsloggers job. Don’t even mention the wide cone of death that the Black Hawk carries. Choppers shouldn’t even be repairable mid-air.

Don’t even get me started on jets. You are trying to tell me that it’s good that the only thing that can kill jets is another jet? Stingers are absolutely useless against jets. Even the cannon on jets is useless.

Jets pretty much cancel eachother out. If they other team has far superior pilots, though, then you are indeed screwed. However, that’s not really a balance issue in the gameplay, more of stacked teams.

If one person can fuck a game up because of their vehicle, it’s a gameplay problem. Seriously, I gave up playing some maps because a few clan guys would monopolise the planes and bomb the shit out of everything. It’s the equivalent of sniping- you spend 5 minutes getting to point B and then some punk spends 10 seconds getting over you and taking you apart without any fear of retribution. Giving the bomber 4 large bombs is insane. They don’t even need to be very accurate.
Nerf the fuckers, I say. It’ll piss off two people per server and make 62 happier.

I don’t play any BF2 maps now with jets. You can never be guaranteed that both sides will have decent pilots to counter each other.

The air part is so unrealistic in its current state which is a real shame since the infantry part of the game is so much fun. Hopefully the realism mods will be completed soon. I wish they would just remove the jets altogether.

My biggest complaint about the Jets is those bombs can kill you if you are 50’ underground. I’ve been killed by bombs inside the tunnels on kubra dam. What is up with that? Yes I know in the real world, the celing might cave in on me or something, but in game world scurrying for deep cover from bombing attacks sould do something.
I will agree the best maps are the inf/tank maps.

Personally though, I’ don’t find helo’s that tough to kill, one of the tricks is getting your RL shot inside the cabin, kills the crew except the pilot. Also I find the main gun on hummers can be deadly to a chopper, the sad part is you don’t usually last long enough to take one out before they come after you.
Stingers- they should just cut the flare limit down to 2 or something. Stingers can kill jets, putting one up the tailpipe isn’t hard, getting through the flare spam is.

Agreed. I am finding fewer reasons to continue playing this game. Every time I play it I just get pissed off and frustrated and end up exiting.

1. The game randomly crashes on me
  2. Maps and punkbuster take forever to load
  3. Lag on the 64 player maps even with my DSL connection
  4. Aircraft spamming

INNNNNNNDEEEEEEEEED!

I’d be fine if they never fixed anything else in the game if they could get rid of these things.

I try and stick with the city maps (Sharqi, Karkand, and Mashtur) and find the game infinetly more enjoyable then the other maps which are vehicle/plane heavy and infantry light.

This is awesome. Are “leaked patch notes” the new “leaked patch?”