Least fun boss fights of all time

Dunno, but it sure made it the least fun boss fight of all time for me until they patched it. I was sure there was an approach I was missing or something. “Oh, sorry! That was a bug.”

Was this the boss so boring that they put in a special way to skip him? I think that was the best idea ever.

I bloody hate the end boss of Dead Rising’s overtime mode, myself. Fighting hand-to-hand on a tank with an enemy who reacts to your move before you’ve finished tapping it in! Yeah!

There’s some way to cheese this fight out.

The tentacle monster in HL1. It is a boss fight that consumes the entire level, and it sure felt good to finally turn the rocket on that bastard.

Warning Forever is a shmup made up entirely of boss fights. And it’s awesome.

Jump-kick up. Jump-kick down. Jump-kick up. Jump-kick down…

Any boss fight which has a cheesy method that needs to be looked up online (or, in fact, needs to be cheesed through) is still a crap example of a boss fight.

I think I got there in the end by spamming spinning lariats, or whatever that move was called. It was rubbish, particularly after the fun of the rest of the game.

Raam made sense. After 15 tries. Light dispatched the kryll shield and let you damage him. Annoying? the fact that kryll are bulletproof with no exposition.

Bob Page.

He gets my vote.

Seconded.

Seconded.
[/QUOTE]
Really? I had a blast dropping satchel charges into his head.

I don’t think I even remember the fight with Nihilanth. I kind of just erased that memory.

Oh one of the worst boss fights I ever played was the final level of the UT2004 single player ladder. God, that was frustrating, and I felt dirty after beating it. The last time I replayed the SP ladder I just uninstalled the game after reaching the final level.

Gruul, before he was fixed.

¬_¬

Alright, well as far as single player games go, I’d have to go with Mogenar from MP3. I stopped playing after a few attempts. Fuck that noise.

GLaDos from portal. It has all the hallmarks of a bad boss fight. The timer, the invulnerable boss that can only be hurt by <insert contrived mechanic here>, no logical reason the player ever has a violaent confrontation with GLaDos, etc. However the way GLaDos trash talks the player the entire time elevates it to a sublime experience.

Yep, my thought exactly. It also had the additional benefit of playing against your standard videogame methods. I imagine most people died a ton of times thinking that there just had to be some way to kill it conventionally, and you couldn’t. At the same time, you could figure out (if you paid attention and thought a bit outside the box) how to get by it without having to resort to a spoiler.

Interestingly, Psychonauts also has my favourite boss fight. OVERLY INTRICATE COMBINATION!!!

CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG

Duriel, from Diablo II. The tiny space to fight in, the cheap charge attack, and the constant freeze effect make it an overly deadly and tedious fight for any class with weak defences. Ironically, he wasn’t so bad on Nightmare and Hell as you’ve built yourself up quite a bit by then, but he’s stupidly hard the first time you reach him in Normal.

Ah, but one word I would not use when talking about GLaDos is “cheap.” She only had one way of harming you, and the game had taught you how to deal with those turrets earlier in the game. Compare that to General Ramm and those damn Kryll that you basically couldn’t avoid.