Leaving Quarter to Three (and no longer sponsoring the site)

I am equally stunned that it even come to a video game forum and that it resulted in such a decision.

Curiously though, why aren’t we asking @wumpus to stay, instead we are bidding it farewell. I know his mind was made but hey, it’s never late to try and convince him otherwise.

Well, this sucks. :(

Will be sad to see you go wumpus. Come back!

Me too. For now I’m leaving threads but if it spreads I’ll join the wump.

I am glad I try my best to stay out of P&R. Life is too short to fight with people on the internet.

I love fighting with people on the internet! But US politics is waaaay too exhausting.

You need a bigger game / movie / tv series backlog, no time for internet fighting if you have thousands of hours of entertainment waiting for you.

Anyways I am headed to bed, sad now that Wumpus is leaving.

I hear ya, but decent regulars moving to a different part of the bar to avoid the asshole who should be kicked out doesn’t seem right really and its only a matter of time before he moves near your table again.

Sad to see you go and thanks for the effort you put into QT3. Though I must say withdrawing that amount of funding from Tom on what seems like no notice is harsh and I hope not devastating to Tom, but I can’t see how it cannot be. In the end this has always be Tom’s living room. One of the reasons why I am here.

Also sorry to see you leave. Thank you for your generosity to the site over the past two years. How will I know whether or not my Android processor speed is fast enough now?

This is sad, can’t you just post here on occasion or only visit the parts of the forum that don’t piss you off? I guess for some people it is either all in or all out, but I can’t understand it. Thanks for encouraging the community to move to discourse, it’s great.

This is the only internet forums I visit regularly and it’s always a shame when forum politics come up or someone I recognise leaves.

Life’s too short for P & R, mi amigo. It’s why I stay out of that back room in this bar. It’s a downer. I have way too much fun talking with you about history and games. And food, music, books and film.

I would like to know how this affect Tom… $1K/month - just doing a simple calculation base on wumpus OP, is very high for a website/forum. Maybe we should not upload photos so easily, eh?

Cheers!

I just ignore threads that our new ‘friend’ inhabits. That’s a lot of threads, though.

This whole thing is regrettable.

Thanks for dragging us kicking and screaming into the world of modern forum software, Wumpus.

The fact that you live and breathe forum software and communities could create tensions with attempts to backseat drive and frustration at differences in management style.

And yes, like many here, you can be a grumpy and opinionated old man. :)

But your enthusiasm for Qt3, your drive to improve things, your support for Tom and your participation to the forum have brought a lot to Qt3.

Good luck and I hope you are back some day.

@wumpus, Sorry to see you go. Best wishes on your journey ahead.

For what it’s worth, I feel that @tomchick is fair and even handed in how he handles things.

It’s also my personal opinion that some let the P&R threads spill into the Games thread and are just hostile to people they dislike, regardless of what the topics and comments are about. All it takes is one nasty reference and the whole thread degrades.

Just pretend P&R suforum doesn’t exist. You will be a happier person. Add in Twitter too.

This. There are clearly posts in other sub forums that are just BS, political garbage and they aren’t deleted.

I will miss you Wumpus. Thanks for that post. Know I know what happened to Bill Dungesman and LK. This all makes me sad. At least I know they are alive and well out there, somewhere. You will be out there, somewhere too.

Does make you think, in a philosophical sense, whether it’s even possible (or desirable) to separate what we call “politics” from other topics. One school of thought holds that everything is political, and while most of us try to compartmentalize and get some relief from Serious Business 24/7, it is increasingly difficult to maintain that games and game discussion somehow exist outside of their social and cultural context–which means, political context. I mean, how can you discuss Far Cry 5, or The New Colossus, or for that matter Kingdom Come: Deliverance, without getting into discussions of ideology, religion, and the like? Not to mention any game that features characters of any gender whatsoever.

Not making a point, just pondering whether we’ve arrived at a place where we simply cannot expect to have discussions that are artificially corralled and walled off.