Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Wait, you guys are talking about Thunderblight Ganon, right? I beat him down on my first try, with a maximum of four hearts and no shock-resist gear. Just perfect-dodge or parry the rush attacks - the way its animations work give it some of the easiest timing in the game for either mechanic. My girlfriend took three tries for that fight, but got it pretty quickly as well once she figured out the timing and stopped trying to shoot him with arrows.

Him and the death mountain boss felt like old zelda bosses where once you solve the boss puzzle they are easy. The other two I just brute forced through. For thunderblight I used magnesis on his rods to hold it up next to him and he shocked himself. You still have to keep moving away from the other rods though. I wonder if anyone else had another way of dealing with his phase 2.

Other than that its just a matter of waiting for your windows to attack. It helps a lot if you have Stasis+.

While on the subject of boss fights, I love how distinct the phases are on bosses in this game, including the shrine tests of strength. They feel like single player raid bosses in WoW.

I was walking my dog last night in the park, and I thought I saw something sparkling over by a bench.

Earlier, I was in the grocery store and spotted some jerky on the wall, and tried to recall what it was I needed that for. Oh, right, making friends with a dog. In the game.

I might be playing too much.

Ok, Mr bragster. King of Gamers.

That was the hardest fight in the game, because there is no way to cheese it. You are forced to only use the perfect dodge or perfect guard to get attacks in. That kind of blew. In the game, for most of the other bosses, you have a few options on how to go about defeating them. (Kohga is… different than that… but in a fun way)

That boss was actually really bad, at the worst it is frustrating having your weapon dropped constantly, and at the best it is too easy and simple if you are good with the perfect dodges.

I am now 4/4 and a sword holder. Just wrapping up sidequests etc.

Let me rank difficulty easiest to hardest

1. Kohga
  2. Windblight
  3. Fireblight (is that right?)
  4. Waterblight (weird camera issues in that room)

100 Thunderblight

That fight just stinks. Because it is just using the same mechanic over and over again with one short intermission at 50%.

Also, if you are having trouble… wood doesn’t conduct electricity that well… and if you had a shield… Which is especially stupid, because I should have figured that out by roaming the world in thunderstorms.

Tips

If weapons are dropped, just run full speed around the room to kite him somewhere else, and run back to pick up your stuff. Electro resist foods are basically useless. Use extra hearts foods or extra speed foods. Ensure yourself that you have a few really good single handed weapons and wooden shields, as the two handers are a bit slow for this fight. Just take your time, and get your perfect dodges in, if you take it slow, and wait to be ready, it isn’t that hard.

I got it on try #2. Other general tips, bring fairies, have mipha’s grace ready etc.

Omg, I just read that in the phase transition, with the metal objects, you can throw a metal object at him, if you have one, rather than using magnesis. That is pretty cool

I like this game.

I Failed my saving throw :(

Amiibo by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Wow you really went the other way with it.

EDIT: What does that peppercorn amiibo give you in game? Just basic cold resistance ingredients?

Peppercorn?

This one

I think we can award the 2017 “Let me tell you how much you suck at gaming” award right here. I mean, guys, even his girlfriend did it in 3 tries. Git gud, amirite!?

(just messing around with you Warp, don’t want to start a thing)

Haha. I was just joshing as well. But that boss is definitely the hardest one, pretty much by a large consensus. The mechanics are brutal, and the timing windows are rather short. Though, I do suggest back hopping only during the final phase, and you get 3 tries per charge to get a perfect dodge.

Also, wooden stuff.

Ok. I’ve only peaked in this thread a few times with one eye closed as it seems full of spoilers.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I seem to be going to the wrong spots. Early-ish spoiler question below:

So I just got the first memory, but the centaur guy at the end of that path turns me into paste. There are no real quests open besides end game ones and the find memories one. I tried to find the only other memory that I recognize (view near a lake towards the cracked mountain) back NW of the plateau, but I found myself either getting pasted by guardians or struggling near a rainy river as a prince watches. I explored the zones of the first two cities, the latter being the blue flame tech place that gives you the annoying camera mechanic.

What general direction should I be going at this point?

In your shoes, the next thing I did was start flying towards towers. The one I went to was north of Kakariko. I wandered a bit, ran into a Zora telling me to go a certain way. So I did and ended up doing the Zora’s domain divine beast quest. IMO this is the best one to start with.

I had that same encounter with the lynel after the first memory, by the by.

Do this, continue on the path.

While I love the lack of direction the game gives you, if you have the memories quest, you should have been told to find the 4 divine beasts. I would suggest continuing up the path following the zora prince.

You also can sneak around those guys fairly easily and continue on your way.

There are many centaur-style enemies spread throughout the world, and they’re consistently among the toughest enemies in the entire game. All of them are optional, none of them are required in order to beat the game, and even when you get fully powered-up and easily take on the end of the game those centaurs will still be a challenge.

They’re not aggressive though unless you’re aggressive toward them. Even if they see you and have a ‘!’ above their heads, don’t approach them and don’t equip a weapon and they should leave you alone.

But how else will I ride them to the stable for processing?

/doublefacepalm Profanicus…

I thought I was done with Zelda after I beat it. Then I started jumping in spoilers threads and realized I missed a lot of cool shit. I never even saw one of the world boss types.

is this game a raining simulator or what? And lightning, I hate it…