Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

But the best way to play is on the Switch - instant sleep/wake, and pickup and play on the go! ;)

It’s not piracy if you paid for the software. It’s probably violating the software license.

The emulator offers much higher image quality but isn’t quite ready for a full playthough yet. From what I read some shrines are inaccessible, doors don’t show up, and the cinematics don’t play yet. Pretty clear from their progress that it won’t take long to be the best platform to play this game, though.

Plays Best on PC™

Well, also, Jim Sterling made a pretty good point about pirating Nintendo games. As Nintendo has been very heavily stamping out “fair use” of their copyrighted content on youtube, they seem pretty ok with not following the copyright laws when it benefits them, Clearly they have little care about how the copyright laws are written, so… why should you?

That being said, buy the games, jesus. I wouldn’t feel bad about using roms of games you own, however.

Additionally, Nintendo sells pirated roms back to you, apparently.

So, you know, that’s a thing.

Just beat it. In the end I grew too powerful to the point where everything was a joke.

How’s the audio? From playing Xenoblade on Dolphin (yes, I owned a Wii and the original game) I recall they never quite got that working properly.

Didn’t see anyone talking about the audio. Basically, it should be fully playable in April, but probably not perfect. That’ll come later.

Man, for every 5 amazing decisions in this game there is one astronomically stupid one.

Also, I’ve played this game for probably 20 or 30 hours. My kids, 7 and 9, are getting constantly killed and learning to hate it. Even with 10 hearts and 24 points of armor I get one-shotted about half of the time. And having to remove your good armor in a shitload of areas to equip your weather gear makes you even weaker.

Argh. I haven’t raged this hard at a game in a very long time. I usually just exit the area, go faff about for a while, and try again. But this dumb dumb fight with electro-most-dumb-power-in-the-game-look-he-hit-me-2-more-times-before-i-could-even-pick-up-my-gear-again Ganon is me at the end of my rope again.

Sounds like the game is trying to tell you to explore elsewhere first, mark those enemies on the map to come back to later, upgrade your equipment at great fairy fountains, drink potions to increase defense, etc etc

UGH. I had no trouble fighting anything else leading up to this. Yiga I had trouble with because they changed what the game is. This fight is just dumb, not too hard for me. I’ll get it if I try 2 or 3 more times. It’s just dumb to make that the thing.

That electro fight is a sticky skid-mark in a pair of otherwise comfortable underwear.

Wait, you guys are talking about Thunderblight Ganon, right? I beat him down on my first try, with a maximum of four hearts and no shock-resist gear. Just perfect-dodge or parry the rush attacks - the way its animations work give it some of the easiest timing in the game for either mechanic. My girlfriend took three tries for that fight, but got it pretty quickly as well once she figured out the timing and stopped trying to shoot him with arrows.

Him and the death mountain boss felt like old zelda bosses where once you solve the boss puzzle they are easy. The other two I just brute forced through. For thunderblight I used magnesis on his rods to hold it up next to him and he shocked himself. You still have to keep moving away from the other rods though. I wonder if anyone else had another way of dealing with his phase 2.

Other than that its just a matter of waiting for your windows to attack. It helps a lot if you have Stasis+.

While on the subject of boss fights, I love how distinct the phases are on bosses in this game, including the shrine tests of strength. They feel like single player raid bosses in WoW.

I was walking my dog last night in the park, and I thought I saw something sparkling over by a bench.

Earlier, I was in the grocery store and spotted some jerky on the wall, and tried to recall what it was I needed that for. Oh, right, making friends with a dog. In the game.

I might be playing too much.

Ok, Mr bragster. King of Gamers.

That was the hardest fight in the game, because there is no way to cheese it. You are forced to only use the perfect dodge or perfect guard to get attacks in. That kind of blew. In the game, for most of the other bosses, you have a few options on how to go about defeating them. (Kohga is… different than that… but in a fun way)

That boss was actually really bad, at the worst it is frustrating having your weapon dropped constantly, and at the best it is too easy and simple if you are good with the perfect dodges.

I am now 4/4 and a sword holder. Just wrapping up sidequests etc.

Let me rank difficulty easiest to hardest

1. Kohga
  2. Windblight
  3. Fireblight (is that right?)
  4. Waterblight (weird camera issues in that room)

100 Thunderblight

That fight just stinks. Because it is just using the same mechanic over and over again with one short intermission at 50%.

Also, if you are having trouble… wood doesn’t conduct electricity that well… and if you had a shield… Which is especially stupid, because I should have figured that out by roaming the world in thunderstorms.

Tips

If weapons are dropped, just run full speed around the room to kite him somewhere else, and run back to pick up your stuff. Electro resist foods are basically useless. Use extra hearts foods or extra speed foods. Ensure yourself that you have a few really good single handed weapons and wooden shields, as the two handers are a bit slow for this fight. Just take your time, and get your perfect dodges in, if you take it slow, and wait to be ready, it isn’t that hard.

I got it on try #2. Other general tips, bring fairies, have mipha’s grace ready etc.

Omg, I just read that in the phase transition, with the metal objects, you can throw a metal object at him, if you have one, rather than using magnesis. That is pretty cool

I like this game.

I Failed my saving throw :(

Amiibo by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Wow you really went the other way with it.

EDIT: What does that peppercorn amiibo give you in game? Just basic cold resistance ingredients?

Peppercorn?

This one