Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I think we can award the 2017 “Let me tell you how much you suck at gaming” award right here. I mean, guys, even his girlfriend did it in 3 tries. Git gud, amirite!?

(just messing around with you Warp, don’t want to start a thing)

Haha. I was just joshing as well. But that boss is definitely the hardest one, pretty much by a large consensus. The mechanics are brutal, and the timing windows are rather short. Though, I do suggest back hopping only during the final phase, and you get 3 tries per charge to get a perfect dodge.

Also, wooden stuff.

Ok. I’ve only peaked in this thread a few times with one eye closed as it seems full of spoilers.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I seem to be going to the wrong spots. Early-ish spoiler question below:

So I just got the first memory, but the centaur guy at the end of that path turns me into paste. There are no real quests open besides end game ones and the find memories one. I tried to find the only other memory that I recognize (view near a lake towards the cracked mountain) back NW of the plateau, but I found myself either getting pasted by guardians or struggling near a rainy river as a prince watches. I explored the zones of the first two cities, the latter being the blue flame tech place that gives you the annoying camera mechanic.

What general direction should I be going at this point?

In your shoes, the next thing I did was start flying towards towers. The one I went to was north of Kakariko. I wandered a bit, ran into a Zora telling me to go a certain way. So I did and ended up doing the Zora’s domain divine beast quest. IMO this is the best one to start with.

I had that same encounter with the lynel after the first memory, by the by.

Do this, continue on the path.

While I love the lack of direction the game gives you, if you have the memories quest, you should have been told to find the 4 divine beasts. I would suggest continuing up the path following the zora prince.

You also can sneak around those guys fairly easily and continue on your way.

There are many centaur-style enemies spread throughout the world, and they’re consistently among the toughest enemies in the entire game. All of them are optional, none of them are required in order to beat the game, and even when you get fully powered-up and easily take on the end of the game those centaurs will still be a challenge.

They’re not aggressive though unless you’re aggressive toward them. Even if they see you and have a ‘!’ above their heads, don’t approach them and don’t equip a weapon and they should leave you alone.

But how else will I ride them to the stable for processing?

/doublefacepalm Profanicus…

I thought I was done with Zelda after I beat it. Then I started jumping in spoilers threads and realized I missed a lot of cool shit. I never even saw one of the world boss types.

is this game a raining simulator or what? And lightning, I hate it…

Worth noting it’s not entirely random, there are definitely specific areas that have specific weather patterns. It might always be pretty rainy in certain places.

It actually feels like a rainy day, when I’m playing Zelda. I think it’s the visibility, colour palette, and mainly the audio. Love it!

I had this problem with Skyrim and now Zelda too. The environments are simulated so effectively that I basically get S.A.D. playing them. I hate snow and cold and don’t want to be in the rain forever, so both of these games start to be a drag to play when the weather gets bad.

That’s why I spent exactly 5 minutes in the Gerudo area before I decided to make a hasty exit. Screw the heat.

I live in Florida so Gerudo is like going home. :D

(except it’s not green enough. But the sun is nice)

I grew up in SoCal and later owned a house in the desert for many years. SCREW THE HEAT.

I literally moved to rainy fucking Oregon to live in oppositeland. The weather has been a dream (the people, not so much).

A new patch is available, and apparently it smooths out a lot of the frame-rate issues.

Patch notes:

Version 1.1.1
Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Yep, that’s it.

Why can’t I quit this game.

I beat Ganon over a week ago and was ready to put it away until hard mode in the summer, I have since clocked in maybe 30 more hours. I just can’t stop exploring shit and farming armor upgrades. It’s the fact that it’s so convenient to play on the couch while watching tv at night.

apparently it smooths out a lot of the frame-rate issues.

Can confirm in my anecdotal experience this is indeed more pleasant, i.e. far fewer frame drops on the docked Switch. Digital Foundry should have a report next week.