Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I’m an obsessive explorer, so nowhere near done but I don’t miss the old design at all. In fact I’d say this new one feels way more like the original in fancy clothes than most of the other previous entries.

I think I’d do horrible things to have a Metroid made with the same philosophy and polish.

I made a .gif of Link pulling out a Guardian Sword and Guardian Shield I just got from killing a pretty darn tough foe.

Don’t pull it out. You might break it!

The first few I found broke pretty quick, but this is a ++ version that deals 40 damage, and doesn’t mention being brittle in the description. I’ve used it (and a few of the other ++ weapons the same enemy dropped I got the sword from) and they are still kicking around in my inventory. One of them is listed a as a 60, so I’m saving that one. :)

I did the Rito stuff last night after procrastinating a long time; it was my third divine beast, the Gerudo one remains.

The whole Rito thing was easy, like, the game should steer you to this before Zora easy. The “quest” to get to the beast was simple, the beast itself was pretty straightforward, and Wind Blight Ganon was…I think it was easy? I’m not sure if I actually did it correctly. I never saw a meaningful pattern to manipulate, just shoot him in the eye any time you can, and dodge all his attacks. If there was a way I was supposed to incorporate any other abilities, it wasn’t clear. I never even knocked him down for some reason—I looked up a guide afterward and he theoretically falls down after a couple arrows to the face so you can get in some sword swipes, but somehow that never happened to me. So just, arrows forever, down he goes, never a threat.

Weird.

Edit: I guess maybe if you head straight for this boss, you might not have tons of bomb or regular arrows already. That’s the only reason I can think of that someone might have trouble with anything here.

I just finished Rito the other night, and I agree that it felt easy. But I basically rushed him and two-handed him to death – every time I knocked him down, I dealt enough damage to knock him down again. I think he took off into the air maybe once, at which point I started shooting. But any time he was within five feet of the ground, I was there, hacking away at his shins like I was in Dark Souls.

I saved the Gerudo for last, too. I’m about to do that Divine Beast after not having a lot of time to play anything in the last week and a half or so. I agree the Rito were “easy” and did feel a little bit like it should come before the Zora, but I also think you’d arrive there without the bomb arrows/ice arrows that really do make it “easy”.

I really can’t say enough about how the elements in this game affect how you play and how you feel about how you play. This was impressed upon me again heading into the desert. Weather plays such a huge role in everything you do in certain places and it brings you into this world you’re exploring so much more definitively. It’s such a simple thing and yet so profound within the design of the game. Amazing.

I’m going to finish it by Sunday. I’ll be ready to go back by the time they ship the “hard mode” DLC. This is the best game of 2017. I can’t imagine how anything could be better right now.

You guys did it right. Gerudo desert is the best part of the game! But also the entire game is the best part of the game. It’s really just the best.

Just about to enter the lizard™. My last of 4

Vah Naboris is beaming. Ganon is quivering in his castle. Gonna power through some Gerudo Desert for the exploration and adventure for a bit, then it’s back to Impa and finally off to the Castle!

I have stalled out at 4/4 with the sword obtained.

I don’t want to go to the castle and finish the game. But I also have put the game down for 2 weeks now.

Dang it.

Finish it and then go back later in hard mode to see what you missed!

I can’t imagine I’ll find all 120 shrines before I beat Ganon now. I am not that far from it… I have like 20 to go I think? I’ve been in the Castle and it is pretty amazing. You definitely want to get in there.

Ahhhhhh!

I don’t want it to end though.

I want to get all of the memories first, as supposedly the ending changes a bit if you get them all.

Given how powered up you probably are by now, you can find the memories quickly. Just use the shrines to teleport around and look for the painter at the stables. They’re worth your time too. I have one left and I’m pretty sure that’s in the castle.

Man, I love this game. I don’t want it to end either! At some point I have to see Ganon fall, though!

So what’s the verdict: is it dumb that you can’t continue to play after hearing Ganon, or terrible?

Eh…?

I’ve heard Ganon and have continued to play. I’ve also beaten Ganon and continued playing. He’s just up for round two at my convenience.

One thing that would be cool is an option to revisit the beasts and ask the Hyrule Avengers to turn their laser beams off. I’d like to try the Ganon fight again with one or more beasts out of the fight without having to start a new game.

Oh well, when hard mode comes out I might just go beat Ganon after every divine beast fight, anyway.

Sounds like a spoiler, don’t encourage!

Nintendo reveal Ganondorf’s surname…

Click for pic

Beating. F U autocorrect