Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo should have given early copies to good streamers. The clowns on Twitch right now are anti-hype.

Visual differences between WiiU and Switch. They look identical to me (on the TV I’ll be playing on) until the very last two shots, where the Switch has much more vibrant grass and environment. But I’m not convinced the differences in those last two outdoor shots aren’t because of the dynamic weather system having an effect.

Either way, I’m still team WiiU. The NA WiiU eShop now has the game listed, but it isn’t purchaseable just yet. Maybe in 15 minutes.

Nice, I can see the resolution difference but only when I try to look for it. I can definitely live with that, this makes me more confident in sticking with the Wii U.

Game is live on NA WiiU eShop. Downloading now!

Download One: 1.5 Hours
Install One: 25 minutes.
Download Two: 35 minutes
Install Two: 20 minutes

Time it took for Link’s footsteps to rattle around in my head to the point of insanity: 20 minutes.

I’m gonna end up playing this game with the sound muted since there’s no way to turn off the never-ending clanky-clank clip-clopping of Link. Seriously can’t take it.

Everything else about the game seems great though so far, guess I’ll just play old Zelda soundtracks in the background while I adventure.

[quote]

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

“The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Wii U)”
Estimated arrival date: March 06 2017[/quote]

Gah. At least I have Horizon Zero Dawn to keep me occupied over the weekend.

So my switch is arriving on time at my parents house in LA, which I will then have to get shipped over to me here in Nigeria, god knows how long that will take so I’m caving and double dipping. I figure I can dick around and explore the plateau on the Wii U, discovering some secrets along the way and then when the switch comes I just crit path through it picking up whatever was important in my Wii U adventuring.

I played this on Wii U last night a couple of hours. If it’s downgraded, I don’t care. Incredible game so far.

Uuuuugh – I skipped the WiiU and was hoping to skip the Switch but Breath of the Wild has me tempted. What Zeldas were exclusive to the WiiU that I may have missed? Tempted to pick up a WiiU (are they cheap yet?) rather than a Switch.

Edit: Wow, looks like there were no exclusive WiiU Zeldas – that was surely a mistake! Makes me tempted to just go Switch then (assuming I can find in stock).

Wii U is barely even available—never mind cheap—unless you get a refurb from Nintendo or buy used from wherever you trust.

Oh, I figured it’d be like the 360 which was available well after the XBox One came out. I guess a Switch it is. I’m guessing probably all sold out locally, tempted to venture out and see if I get lucky. Thanks!

Just the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD treatments.

Does Switch play WiiU games? Wind Waker HD would be interesting, my favorite Zelda so far.

probably not, unless maybe the eshop

Nope. It absolutely does not play Wii U games as-is, and no Virtual Console details have been announced yet but given hardware stuff someone else said somewhere I’ve forgotten, there’s very little chance Wii U (or even Wii) games will ever be on the Virtual Console for the Switch either. Only hope there would be a complete re-release for an older game.

Ugh, I guess I can hope for an eShop release someday. Still have my non-HD WW at least.

Edited my post with more info after your reply.

Ah, thanks for the extra info. Yeah, I’m 100% convinced to get a Switch with Zelda – now the hard part of finding one.

It’s great; thanks to the art style it holds up really well with a nice 1080p res bump, amongst a bunch of quality of life additions.

Maybe one day they’ll do a Switch version?

I can’t believe I’m actually considering buying a switch. And a PS4. And a Vive. I haven’t bought a console since college. Is it me or is this a crazy time in gaming?