Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

This is a really great game, sense of exploration, interesting but not too difficult puzzles. Combat pretty simple but still satisfying. Despite owning some Zelda games before, this is the first I’ve really played and it’s magnificent. I think @tomchick would really love this if he ever gets around to playing this.

I think it’s also great that you see something really far off in the distance and you can eventually reach it. I really appreciate the art style as well.

Are you riding a Divine Beast?

That line just struck me funny as it’s been a marketing blurb since Terra Nova and has been much overused since. “You see that mountain in the distance, you can go there!”

Ok, well let me digress, the draw distance is incredible, so this has some genuine meaning.

My daughter made herself a Yiga Clan outfit this morning.

Nice! Get that kid a banana.

Ugh. Now I really want a like button.

And a banana.

Be careful, your kid is going to pop up in front of the hero of time and die in like 2 seconds. Make sure to warn them.

She’s on a Zelda art roll, having produced these paintings this AM.

She completed the set.

I got the game yesterday and am faffing about on the plateau.

I’ve found the magnet shrine and the remote bomb shrine.

The latter is protected by some sort of automated sentry turret that I can’t damage, so I’m bravely running away.

I’m quite enjoying it and can see the appeal.

I don’t understand what the old guy means by using the scope on the sheikah plate. I’m doing that but I don’t see any clues as to where the shrines are.

Sadly the projector I have doesn’t have a HDMI input so I’m playing it just on the switch itself.

Got to say, the engineering/design of this thing is amazing.

I’m remembering the gamenou, and it’s like the gameboy and the famicom (amiga) had a baby who grew up and became an elite athlete.

This thing is goddamed awesome.

This stumped me as well. It’s not easy to see shrines when you are new to the game, but he wants you to find the blue shrines and mark them so you can get to them easier.

On the starting plateau you can see all four shrines if you go up the big toward in the middle. Mark the four blue shrines you see and then just explore your way there.

There are some automated sentries on the plateau, yes, but none of them are blocking your entrance into any of the shrines. You can sneak by them to avoid them.

The best thing about the game early on especially is to just try stuff! There are usually many paths and many options available to you through the entire game

If I press the right movement button I can scope the area with binoculars.

Great.

But from there to marking it on the map?
And will I get to kill the old man? He’s really annoying me.

edit, after much faffing about and getting lost, I have found the last of the first 4 shrines.

edit.

So, I don’t get to kill the old man.

Now that I can leave, are there any reasons to stay on the plateau? I haven’t visited the forest or the pond, on this playthrough. I did beforehand amd recall theres a stone creature. Worth killing?

Now that’s useful.

Why didn’t that crazy ghost man tell me that?

😂

Well, you’ve learned fast travel to shrines by now, so you can always come back. You’ll come back if you get the expansion / season pass.

I’m loving the glider😁

:)