Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Man, I’ve come closer than ever before too… which did you get?

I have the wolf amiibo that came with twilight princess, but apparently I have to do some cave thing in TP to fully utilize wolfie and the game is 10,000 miles away.

Crap. I have that one too and don’t even have a wii-u or TP.

Who else feels bad about rolling a rock downhill in order to hit some sleeping bokgoblins… so sad! And also why are those poor fellas sleep around barells of explosives?

DF has completed its comparison of framerate for the game. And while the Wii U drops frames more regularly, it seems to be in areas that don’t really impact gameplay much, and only for short periods of time:

Can’t wait for my copy to be delivered today. And my lovely wife needs to go out tonight too. What a shame… :)

Wendelius

Even worse, first you can sneak in and steal all their weapons… ;)

I got, uh, several.

Looks like almost every Zelda character Amiibo so far has a chance to drop clothing sets or weapons unique to the amiibo, so if you want every outfit, you’re going to spend a fortune. The Smash Brothers Link and the Twilight Princess Wolf Link amiibo are the two that offer something specific that’s not just another outfit.

Here’s an article with explanations of most of the loot available for each amiibo: http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5361-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-guide-how-to-use-amiibo-and-what-they-all-do

Aw fuck,

I bought a bunch of Amiibos.

I mean, it doesn’t hurt that that Guardian Amiibo is sick as hell.

Credit to a Kyle Orland post on Facebook…

I got home yesterday and had a “what was I thinking buying all these?” moment and I didn’t even get the Guardian one yet, so yeah, I’ve got a problem.

Sarah bought me 3 with my Switch - Zelda, Link with a bow and Link mounted with a cloak. They look pretty neat.

I can just get my sister to spend money on Zelda amiibos and borrow them when I need them, so I’m good there.

Of course, I have eight Splatoon amiibos…

Well I spent so much time avoiding spoilers like “when you get Epona” that I didn’t realize I could have her on day 1. What are the chances that the 1 amiibo I actually purchased years ago was the one I needed?

I think the frame rate issues are pretty exaggerated … I now reached the first town, OK, there is a bit of slowdown, reminded me of Blighttown, hehe, but a colorful version of it. I don’t know if they pushed the limit of both hardwares or if it is just implemented poorly, but I enjoy the game so much that I can live with it… on the other hand, I wonder what happened behind the scenes at Nintendo HQ and dev studio…

I am desperately trying to avoid buying a switch for this, but I’ve been a huge Zelda fan since the original and my reasonable excuses are slowly wearing.

After hating the waggle controls of Skyward Sword and seeing how packed full of goodies this looks, it is making it very hard to resist.

Nope, not buying amiibo. Nope.

What if I told you, you could touch an amiibo to the controller, and get some free weapons and materials.

You know that’s like the biggest reason I haven’t done it? It feels like pay to play.

I went to a friend’s who happened to pick up a Switch last night and we were tooling around Hyrule for a while. Approaching an enemy campfire in the rain the frame rate drop was extremely noticeable during battle. Hopefully a rare occurrence because I really enjoyed the rest of what I saw.

But, what if I told you that if you went out, like I did, and bought Twilight Princess HD, with the Wolf-link Amiibo, and then, because you were already spending money, you also bought Yoshi’s Woolly World, and then, because target as a B2G1 Free promotion, you picked up Paper Mario Color Splash instead. Spending 120 dollars +tax

And then, because they didn’t have any Zelda amiibos there… you went to Amazon and bought a bunch of them. But not from the over-priced aftermarket sellers, because I have standards.

But, I have a wolf-pal now. So, it was all worth it. Also, Woolly World is really fun couch co-op.