Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (BotW2)

I’m kind of shocked at how much I am enjoying this. I thought BotW was fine, and granted it’s been years since I played it, but this one seems like an improvement in so many ways. When I have time to play, the hours fly by. I keep discovering new things that I feel like I should have known, and it’s always a ‘duh!’ moment.

Has anyone found a good way to generate money? I’m not broke or anything, but I need to save up around 600 rupees for a quest.

Selling dragon horns and gems are the way to go. I have not yet figured out the spawn points of the dragons, so I don’t have a farm route for you

there is, however, a glitch that allows you to dupe items, so if you really want to break the economy, it’s out there. Imo it’s not really necessary though

Thank you! I haven’t thought to test it yet, but notice any variance on what different vendors offer for gems? Or is it a standard price? I do have a fair stockpile of gems.

Diamonds go for 500 I think, sapphires 170? rubies 150. Thereabouts.

Anyone know how to deal with that fucking gloom monster? All I can do is get to high ground and drop bomb arrows on it, but it starts to clip into the wall I’m standing on then I blow myself up. Plus, the hands regenerate.

Are you just supposed to run away? Feels… bad.

I found one in a cave with a shrine, the shrine was up on a ledge where I could somewhat safely shoot the gloom hands monster with bomb arrows. If you can land a few good hits quickly you can kill all the hands before they have time to regenerate. But I have bad news: I pulled that off after trial and error and then something else different and bad happened. I don’t know how to deal with that, so I just gave up on the hands for now.

I remember the spider robots in BotW being a threat too, but you could run away from those until you got the Master Sword. These things are relentless. You either need to get mounted fast or warp away.

Also there’s one NPC who wanders around and buys a specific type of gem (which rotates) in blocks of 10, and if you sell them to her she’ll pay you a good deal more than the normal selling price.

Over the past week there have been many, many item dupes found for TOTK. Like 4 separate techniques, no joke. What is funny is how each one got progressively easier to execute and more flexible. As of now, if you want to duplicate items,

1. Jump off something and glide
  2. In mid-air, pick up items in your inventory (holding 5 works)
  3. Hit Y and B simultaneously

That’s it! No shenanigans with saving/reloading, fusing stuff to bows, dropping items so they’re at the end of your inventory. You just glide, hold items, and hit Y+B.

Only problem is it doesn’t work with bombs. Well… it does, but they explode.

Nintendo really needs to patch this stuff.

It’s a single player game. Even that “easy” method is equivalent to an old school cheat code. Why do they even have to worry about patching out a cheat code?

If it was actually a cheatcode I’d be all for it, but these dupes are all clearly bugs. For example, you can dupe the master sword from the intro sequence and use it for the whole game. It deals 30 base damage, never loses durability, and you can fuse it with another glitch. Actually you can fuse it 5 or 6 times, and all the fused items function.

But if you want to do that, who cares?

Mostly the issue is with weak-willed individuals who’ll ruin their own game and of course all glitches will be mandatory for speedruns that allow them. But I get your point, it isn’t like you’re likely to happen across these dupes accidentally.

Mostly I just found it humorous just how quickly the community completely broke the game. Tons of emergent systems, lots of physics, not exactly surprising-- but entertaining for sure.

Yeah I’m on the who cares wagon. If people wanna cheat, let em.

I only watch glitchless speed runs anyway! Glitch speed runs aren’t entertaining~

I enjoy both (Tomatoanus on YouTube is excellent!) but prefer the glitchy runs to not have the player become omnipotent in the first ten seconds, removes a lot of the challenge.

It’s there any way to not get that blood moon cutscene every time?

Typically you can skip it with ‘+’ after watching the first little bit of it (during which I assume it has to do ‘reset monsters’ stuff behind the scenes).

Yeah, alright it’s kind of annoying because you need to hit x first, and then +.

After the first time, I don’t really need the scene at all… Is weird that it happens every time.

I almost always hit ‘+’ to quite the cutscene, but had a case where I couldn’t skip it earlier today. I had just started a combat before it happened though, so that may have been the cause. Would be nice if x did the trick.

Also, I like Yunobo.

Good article. As someone who has briefly dabbled in game physics for various class assignments in the past, I know fragile it is and how quickly it can cascade and get out of control.