Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Is the stillsuit teal? Or is it orange? Take this test.
—Buzzfeed

They are copying Homeworld 2 it appears. (Not really.)

https://i.imgur.com/EQbE14R.jpg

After this summer, or feels like we’re living on Arrakis.

No, you’re wrong, and your parents are wrong. Paul was TOO OLD in Lynch’s film. He is supposed to be teenage not a young adult. /rant

Yeah, although Kyle’s face is fascinating, that split always made him feel immature in that movie.

Have you seen worm-sign near the frop bog?

Novel purist in me says Kyle MacLachlan is too old for the character in the books, but the movie fan in me says he is perfect casting for that role.

I feed the frogs the Sandworm babies :)

Will this be a good book-to-film adaptation? I hope so, but I will wait for the trailers/teasers.

Like Denis Villeneuve’s movies but wish they were doing a 6-8 part HBO series instead. Still I’ll be there opening night.

Dune moves out of the Thanksgiving corridor away from an untitled Amblin movie and Sony’s Happiest Season to the weekend prior to Christmas weekend, where it will face off against Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story, Paramount’s Coming to America 2, and Sony’s Uncharted starring Tom Holland.

Huh, wonder what gives? Have people become so accustomed to Star Wars movies coming out at Christmas that they’ll see Arrakis and think it’s Tatooine? I wonder if reshoots or extra post-production were factors, or if it’s just usual studio schedule shuffling.

Edit: grammar

The other day I met someone who has done work on both, Blade Runner 2049 and (the upcoming) Dune. To quote him: “I had some doubts about how BR would turn out. Dune? Dune will be great.”

Well now I’m sprung, thanks Mr JD!

I’m guessing they want to dominate their opening weekend box office, and think that is the right weekend to do so.

Given the way modern movies are made, is it really possible to tell how good a movie will be unless you worked as an editor or some similar role where you get to see how it actually comes together?

I have no issue with the release date change, but why does it say 2020? Didn’t they finish filming, why isn’t it coming out this year? Does CG take a year after filming to make?

Seriously? Most of these blockbusters have visual effects in every shot. They need armies of computer animators and artists and half-a-dozen FX firms. So, yes, post-production can easily take the better part of a year or more.

Well I’d guess one thing is it will probably have much more action in it at least to appeal to movie watchers. 2049 was very much like the first in being very methodically paced.

True. I’m sure Lynch’s Dune looked “great” at some point in production too.

The old Dune never had a decent screenplay; I’d think that one of the great challenges in adapting an epic is a screenplay that makes it work with an allotted running time.