LEGO Ultimate Collectors Millennium Falcon Time Lapse

Another annoying thing about my set was that there was a run of about 20 pages in the manual that were put into the binding incorrectly, so I actually had to flip the whole 300 page thing over and then I had to do the instruction on the right page, left to right, then the left page, left to right, then flip the left page and repeat. There were probably more than enough 2x3 boards to make up for the missing 2x4 boards, but I just didn’t know that at the time, so I just left some gaps and proceeded without. Most of the stuff was structurally secure enough.

Nice time lapse photography. That was a bit of work.

I’ve got the Star Destroyer. Putting it together was an awesome experience - a real trip in the way back machine. Rifling through boxes full of legos looking for that ONE FUCKING PIECE out of 3000 was fun. :D

I don’t think I’d do the Millennium Falcon though; I’ve only got enough room for one giant Lego model in my home. :)

Also man a year to build the star destroyer? I built mine in about a week of afternoons/evenings after work.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10179

$375 for a limited time, namely, TODAY AND TOMORROW.

Oh man…

Oh my… max out my credit limit and get that sucker, or afford food to eat… Its a tough choice.

It is an exceptional set.

Seriously…your actually considering eating over buying toys.

I wish you could rent a set like that. I’d love to put it together once, but then what? I certainly don’t have the space to leave that assembled anywhere.

$375 would buy a lot of Ramen, dude.

Fuck Star Wars. I might have considered this* if George Lucas had stopped making movies after Return of the Jedi.

-Tom
  • Not really.

I’ve got like, 14 packages already, and only another 2 weeks of school…

Pfft. If you’re a smoker with access to clean water you could stretch out half that amount over two weeks.

I got it as a christmas present, and it’s now taking up my entire kitchen table, as it’s the only surface large enough to hold it. So don’t worry about spending all your food money on it.

The Death Star is 150 dollars… hmm.

And if you got lazy 2/3rds of the way through, it’d still be authentic!

The fact I can’t think of any place to put the thing post-assemblage is putting a crimp in the plans.

My wife says she wouldn’t mind if I bought it… but… of course… then I don’t get to complain when she buys something.

Its worth it.

Ahhh. Thread this hate i. Arg.

The Eiffel Tower is pretty tempting… but that Taj Mahal is even better.

So… how bad is it for a 30 yr. old guy to build a Lego set?

Can’t be worse than a 30 yr. old guy going to a sorority party…I say go nuts. Long live the man-child.